PDA

View Full Version : Texts and Books....

yabodie
05-18-2006, 10:16 AM
So out of curiosity, which is still killing the cat, what recipe books to technical texts are on the shelves of mazers around the world? I think Ken Schramm has a place on all our shelves, but who else?

Dan McFeeley
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Kind of depends on how much of a bibliophile you are. ;D

Ken's book is about the only up to date text on mead there is. Everything else tends to have dated information.

But if you're looking for textual references, you can start here:

http://www.gotmead.com/content/view/309/85/

The page has a partial listing of my mead bibliography, and I haven't updated it in a while. It's about 8 pages long in WordPad format. If you like, I'll s-mail you a copy.

Give me a little bit to scan it over and make sure I didn't leave anything important out.

yabodie
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Nice links!! I like the ones about the traditions with the old religions. Nice!!

I would be interested in checking out your bibliography. s-mail or e-mail would be fine with me. Thanks for sharing!!

I am also very interested in reference and/or technical texts about the biochemical processes of fermentation, etc.

Any suggestions there?

Dan McFeeley
05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
I just sent the WordPad file off. Ten pages worth, should be some good browsing. :D

BTW -- if anyone else is interested in this file, send me a PM with s-mail address and I'd be happy to send you a copy.

yabodie
05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
:in the voices of Wayne and Garth: I'm not worthy!!!

Dan, uh, Dr. McFeeley, WOW! I am going to need sometime to digest this info. Thanks much!!

So where can I send a bottle of mead as "trade" for the info?

WRATHWILDE
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM

Yabodie,

You can send it to ME!!! ;D >:D ;D Just PM me and I'll send you my address.

Wrathwilde

Dan McFeeley
05-19-2006, 05:17 AM
:in the voices of Wayne and Garth: I'm not worthy!!!

Dan, uh, Dr. McFeeley, WOW! I am going to need sometime to digest this info. Thanks much!!

Although I would never turn down a bottle of mead, especially from a forum member, please don't feel obligated. That's what forums like GotMead and other friendly places on the Internet are all about, freely sharing information.

Oh yeah, thanks for the honorific, it's appreciated, but I'm not a doctor, academic or otherwise. I have a graduate school background, but that's it. Research is something I enjoy doing, and I'm an incurable bibliophile.