• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Texts and Books....

Barrel Char Wood Products

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
So out of curiosity, which is still killing the cat, what recipe books to technical texts are on the shelves of mazers around the world? I think Ken Schramm has a place on all our shelves, but who else?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Kind of depends on how much of a bibliophile you are. ;D

Ken's book is about the only up to date text on mead there is. Everything else tends to have dated information.

But if you're looking for textual references, you can start here:

http://www.gotmead.com/content/view/309/85/

The page has a partial listing of my mead bibliography, and I haven't updated it in a while. It's about 8 pages long in WordPad format. If you like, I'll s-mail you a copy.

Give me a little bit to scan it over and make sure I didn't leave anything important out.

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Nice links!! I like the ones about the traditions with the old religions. Nice!!

I would be interested in checking out your bibliography. s-mail or e-mail would be fine with me. Thanks for sharing!!

I am also very interested in reference and/or technical texts about the biochemical processes of fermentation, etc.

Any suggestions there?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
I just sent the WordPad file off. Ten pages worth, should be some good browsing. :D

BTW -- if anyone else is interested in this file, send me a PM with s-mail address and I'd be happy to send you a copy.

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
:in the voices of Wayne and Garth: I'm not worthy!!!

Dan, uh, Dr. McFeeley, WOW! I am going to need sometime to digest this info. Thanks much!!

So where can I send a bottle of mead as "trade" for the info?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
yabodie said:
:in the voices of Wayne and Garth: I'm not worthy!!!

Dan, uh, Dr. McFeeley, WOW! I am going to need sometime to digest this info. Thanks much!!

So where can I send a bottle of mead as "trade" for the info?

Although I would never turn down a bottle of mead, especially from a forum member, please don't feel obligated. That's what forums like GotMead and other friendly places on the Internet are all about, freely sharing information.

Oh yeah, thanks for the honorific, it's appreciated, but I'm not a doctor, academic or otherwise. I have a graduate school background, but that's it. Research is something I enjoy doing, and I'm an incurable bibliophile.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns