PDA

View Full Version : Dry mead went well(yey)

richard lambert
06-03-2006, 03:34 PM
:) All went well on my first attempt of dry mead. Fermented to 13 % alcohol, nice flavors, just astringent. I think this will soften with time. Oskaar said I should add oak, but don't know how much, what kind, how much time and how to do it in a carboy with a 1 1/4" opening. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks

[All that worrying for nothing

GrantLee63
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Re: Oak - Check out this thread Richard:

http://www.gotmead.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,147/topic,396.0

GrantLee63

storm1969
06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I love dry mead! They usualy take 6-12 months before they begin to smooth out. But they get much better. I drank my last bottle of a 12 year old orange blossom last week and it was wonderful. Smooth and complex, a little fruit, long finish!

On a side note, does anyone else have trouble opening the last bottle of a good batch?

Brian

WRATHWILDE
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM
On a side note, does anyone else have trouble opening the last bottle of a good batch?

Nope, and it doesn't matter the type of closure - Cork, Capped, Grolsch it makes no difference, and to prove it - I challenge everybody to send me the last bottle of their best batch, I'll open them so quick it'll make my head spin. ;D

Wrathwilde

storm1969
06-06-2006, 10:10 AM

Nope, and it doesn't matter the type of closure - Cork, Capped, Grolsch it makes no difference, and to prove it - I challenge everybody to send me the last bottle of their best batch, I'll open them so quick it'll make my head spin. ;D

Wrathwilde
[/quote]

Very Funny, Wrath! :D , What was your address? :)

WRATHWILDE
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM
What was your address? :)

No interest in where I'm at now? ???

Looking to turn my previous addresses into tourist attractions? 8)

Hoping to dig up some dirt... to blackmail me out of my Meads? ::)

Looking out my window I can see Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois.

Wrathwilde

storm1969
06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Hoping to dig up some dirt... to blackmail me out of my Meads? ::)

Well, always that!

But I was going to send you all my singletons, just to see how fast you can open them! ;D

Brian