PDA

View Full Version : How Much Mead Do YOU Drink?

GrantLee63
06-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I've made NINE 5 or 6 gallon batches of mead since February 18, 2006. Of course the vast majority of that is either in various stages of fermentation, oaking, and / or bulk aging. The only meads that are complete and ready for the glass (or horn as I'm sure some of you use) are the two batches of Joe's Quick Mead that I've made.

Obviously, at some point over the course of the next 6-12 months, I'm going to have a LOT of ready-to-drink, properly aged mead! Now, I don't normally have any alcoholic beverages with my meals, preferring soft drinks or water. However, as an out of control mazer, I started drinking 1-2 glasses of mead with my dinner every day this week, and to be quite frank, I've been enjoying it! ;)

So I'm just curious ..... exactly how much mead do my GotMead.Com colleauges typically drink?

Oskaar
06-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I'll typically drink about 500 ml/day of red wine and on weekends I top that off with a fifth of some type of mead.

Cheers,

Oskaar

beeboy
06-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Seems that I have a open bottle in the fridge that last thru the weekdays then on the weekends I'll pop open a second bottle. I've been making 4-5 gallon batches and have over 25 bottles stashed in a closet aging. The rest is for personal use or gifts.

Sander
06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
At the moment, 1-2 bottles a week.

WRATHWILDE
06-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I average between one and two bottles a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Wrathwilde

meadsteve
06-11-2006, 06:14 AM
I drink mead as much as possible but while i'm waiting for my mead to age this means not much. It seems to be a lot harder to get hold of decent comercial mead in england (cornwall excluded ;) ) than it appears to be in america.

yabodie
06-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Now that I have some batches getting closer to being finished I plan to drink more mead and less beer, but in general a couple glasses a day of either wine, beer or mead.