PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Dr. JoeM

JoeM
06-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey everyone!

I know Iíve been absent from the boards for a few weeks but things have been INSANE lately. I graduated from medical school a few weeks ago and am now officially JoeM, MD. Since then three of my closest friends have gotten married (I was in two of the weddings), Iíve moved into my new house (my first time as a homeowner), and Iíve started my new job! So...what have I missed!? Well I hope to catch up on things but the board seems to be expanding exponentially, its seems hard to keep track of everything thatís going on!

Well I hope that everyone is doing well and that all your meads are coming out great. Hopefully Iíll have some more time to contribute in the next few weeks but who knows...unfortunately my schedule doesnít look too promising :-[

JoeM

Oskaar
06-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Congratulations!

So Doc...I've got this pain in my neck. LOL

Seriously though, congratulations on the MD, the new Job and the House! All that hard work is paying off! Plus, we have a doctor in the house! LOL

cheers,

Oskaar

Mynx
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Prescription for a mead hangover? ;)

Congrats Joe :D

JoeM
06-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Rx: Hair of the dog.

webmaster
06-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats Dr. Joe! Where are you doing your internship? And are you specializing, or GP?

Vicky - foiled at the nap by the phone, and packing for the trip to Michigan.....

yabodie
06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
So we have a Dr who can prescribe medicinal mead!!! How awesome is that!?!? Doc, what do you recommend?

Congrats on finishing med school!!

JoeM
06-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks everyone,

I'm doing my entire residency at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester NY and i'll be specializing in Pathology. I just moved up here from NJ last week and am starting to get settled in my new place.

My prescription for medical mead would have to be 750cc PO PRN

In English that translates to one bottle, taken by mouth as needed.

JoeM

Oskaar
06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Come on Doc! I think we should go at least PO Q3 to keep a good consistant level of EtOH in the patient?!

Cheers,

Oskaar

JoeM
06-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Haha, thatís not a bad point. I assumed that when given the liberty to take their medicine ďas neededĒ that our resident ďpatientsĒ would be responsible enough to take it every few hours. But in retrospect youíre probably right...with this bunch of mead clowns it might be necessary to give a more strict regimen of mead dosages. Still there must be some allowances for individual tolerances. ;)

Side effects include: Good taste in the mouth, feelings of euphoria, accumulation of glass carboys and empty wine bottles, and friends lingering beyond their welcome.

Warning: Do not attempt to drive a car, operate heavy machinery, or serve to coors light drinkers.

Dan McFeeley
06-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Congratulations Joe and welcome to residential! Should be fun.

I'm a New Jersey native myself but now a transplant to the Midwest. Have to say, after over 20 years out here it's much better than NJ. ;D New Jersey isn't a bad place for fermenters -- Charlie Papazian is also a former New Jersey person, before settling down in Colorado.

Nice to have you back on the boards, hope you'll have more time for meadmaking and conversting on the boards.

WRATHWILDE
06-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Side effects include: Good taste in the mouth, feelings of euphoria, accumulation of glass carboys and empty wine bottles, and friends lingering beyond their welcome.

You forgot lowered inhibitions and wicked hangovers (although I've found a large glass of water and a couple of multivitamins before retiring will counter the later)

Wrathwilde

Angus
06-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Joe,

I find it extremely hard to believe that you are a doctor due to the fact that I am able to read everything you wrote on that prescription ;) Clearly you did not take the "Bad Handwriting" course during your studies. But, doctor's orders. 750cc every 7 minutes until someone passes out, then 750cc every ten minutes.

Angus

JoeM
06-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Ha, if you saw a sample of my real handwriting you would quickly see that i was destined to become a physician...which is funny since my father has been telling me for years that i'm wasting my time in medicine and that i should be focusing on whats REALLY important....making mead and beer for him.

SteveT
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Congratulations Joe -- did you have an AO to celebrate? :D

JoeM
06-24-2006, 08:59 PM
On graduation day I had a bottle of sparkling mead thats about 4 years old. I consider it one of the better batches Iíve made over the past few years and only have a few bottles left so I save them for special occasions.

lostnbronx
06-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Doctor, doctor...what should I do? It hurts when I do this! [Moves arm]

Congratulations several times over, Joe!

-David