• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Slowly Disappearing .....

Barrel Char Wood Products

GrantLee63

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2006
Clarkston, MI
First my beloved Alred E. Newman goes, and now I notice others are gone as well. This board just will NOT be the same without Angus's beat-up Avatar! What's going on? Is it just me? Is it my computer? I want Alfred and the beat-up guy back !!!!! :D :D :D

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Angus, ever the impressionable youth, thought he'd form his own Fight Club after watching the movie. ;)

Angus said:
b06a.jpg

This is in fact me a couple of days after trying to pull my eye out with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Long story that I shall not bore you with. Needless to say, I have since been banned from touching tools sharper than a beach ball (difficult, as I am an engineer), and have been told to find a safer hobby.
And please no jokes about the injury. I've heard them all. Just keep an eye out for my questions ;D.

But he hadn't heard them all...

Wrathwilde said:
I'm trying to figure out how that story could be made boring... if it were deliberate. If it were an accident then possibly. Even if it droned on for 50 pages, the suspense would still be there lurking in the shadows.

Eye'd been twitchy all night, there was going to be trouble... I could feel it... the two shots of bourbon in my belly had just caught up with the other four. That's when I saw her, looking down her long nose at me. A beauty forged by a master Craftsman. Fortified with liquid nerve I approached, I could tell at a glance she was iron willed and cold as steel. I was undaunted, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. There was no stopping me.
It had been a while since I'd been on the job, but I was fairly sure I could manage well enough. There was a struggle at first, she didn't want to cooperate. I tightened my grip. Fairly certain I had everything under control, I pulled her toward me hard... then blackness.

Wrathwilde

Try reinstalling the link to your avatar in your Forum Profile settings, it looks like your link might have been wiped, as even your [blue ? box] has disappeared, where as it appears Angus' image server is down. Also try a different image server with a better reliability record. I use PicServer

Wrathwilde

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Sorry guys.....

It appears that avatars have disappeared, and I'm sorry about that. I don't know yet how to fix it, but will look into it.....

Vicky - leaving today or tomorrow for western Michigan, with a stop in Hastings (near G.R.) on the way up.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns