• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Sam Adam's...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
For those who've yet to hear, Sam Adam's is hosting a homebrew Competition.

The winning recipe will be distributed nation wide by Sam Adams in 2007.

Dmntd

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Think they'd be open to braggot? I'm not about to enter anything, but it would be a feather in mead's cap to win this thing, or at least place in the finals.

-David

JoeM

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
"Entries must be received by no later than August 18"

Thats not enough time!

Totally lame.

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
I'm pretty sure that they have that competition every year.\
There is always next year for a braggot. I really don't see why they wouldn't go for a braggot, except for the probably prohibitive cost mass production would be for the honey.

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Hey Kace,

Honey (like most things) is cheaper by the tanker then the pound, that being said, making braggot shouldn't be cost prohibitive. Where they want to go as a company would more likely be the stumbling block for the mazer.

I have nearly to 20 gallons of braggot from 4 batches put up, but wouldn't think of entering any of it before the end of this year early next.

For shits and giggles, I may enter one next year.

Demented

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns