PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing JAO while moving?

jesse2205
07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
I will be moving within 3weeks to a month from now. I have just made (4) 1 gallon batches of JAO. I was wondering if i picked them up and put them into my car to move them to another location 10 miles away, would it hurt the batches in any way at all?

yabodie
07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Jesse,
As long as you keep them capped with an airlock, and try your best to avoid aerating them you should be fine. Oh and due to the summer temps donít let them sit in your car for too long. Once you get them to your new place let them sit to clear. From what I have been reading here it seems that Mead is a fairly robust liquid.

mouko_yamamoto
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I recently had to move my four, one-gallon batches of various types, and they saw no ill effect. Granted, it was winter, and they did cold stabilize in the old house because the heat was off, but I got them over and healthy again.

Heheh, the only problem was the two batches of cherry got mixed up, but I think I know which is which. ::)

GrantLee63
07-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Your mead will be fine if you do like Mouko and Yabodie said.... just make sure NOT to stop at the Homebrew Supply along the way for a few hours ;D