PDA

View Full Version : Mead Day 2006!

webmaster
07-28-2006, 11:28 AM
If you're making mead (and if you're here you probably are), then celebrate Mead Day 2006!!!

Read all about it here: http://www.gotmead.com/content/view/793/

Tell us what *you're* doing for Mead Day 2006!

Vicky - planning to attend GentleKnight's celebration (he and his wife were the Best in Show winners for the 2006 Mead Festival Hobby Competition!)

JayH
07-28-2006, 01:25 PM
For those in the L.A. area, Culver City Home Brew shop

http://www.brewsupply.com/

will be doing a mead making day / demonstration that Saturday. They are located at:

4358 1/2 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, CA 90230.
(310) 397-3453

about 2.5 blocks south of Culver Blvd.
Contact them for exact times.

Cheers
Jay

jesse2205
07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
anyone know if Central arkansas or memphis tennessee will be hosting any festival of any kind for mead day?

Dan McFeeley
07-28-2006, 03:54 PM
You know, for GotMead forum readers/browsers/et. al., I think the best mead to make on Mead Day is Ancient Joe's Ancient Orange. Ancient Orange was first launched on this forum, a wonderful recipe for beginners and advanced alike. Have you heard of the legendary Irish group, The Chieftains? They've also sampled Ancient Joe's Ancient Orange melomel. Every one has heard of this recipe, even the Chieftains of Ireland.

Never mind what the AHA recipe for the year is. Let's all make a batch of Ancient Orange, in honor of Joe Mattioli, for giving us such a wonderful recipe.

JayH
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
That's the plan. As I understand it several people from the club / store plan on making a batch of mead as a demo. I plan on making a batch of JAO.

In addition I have one just finishing up for people to taste (Just praying the heat didn't do it any damage while I was away).

We plan on having everything on hand so that if someone new to mead wants to, they can buy all the ingredients and supplies and walk away with a 1 gallon carboy full and happily bubbling away.

Cheers
Jay