PDA

View Full Version : Great Mead article in Sept/Oct Zymurgy

kace069
08-22-2006, 02:51 AM
I have noticed in the last few issues of Zymurgy that there is an article on mead in just about everyone of them.
This month I was pleasantly surprised to see one of our own Dan McFeeley had contributed to this issue. What a great article it was too. Dan had certainly did his homework on this one and it was one of the most informational articles on mead I have read in Zymurgy. Great job Dan!

Was this your first contribution to Zymurgy? I think they should be publishing a few more articles written by you.

I knew I didn't know everything about mead, but I thought I had a pretty vast knowledge on the subject. I certainly learned a lot today.

Dan McFeeley
08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback Kace -- yes, this was my first article in Zymurgy. I haven't gotten my own copy in the mail yet, but I'm anxious to see it. I've got a few other writting projects in the hopper, hopefully I can get a few more out there.

Thanks again!

The Honey Farmer
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I was reading an old Bee Culture mag. the other night and the article was about Mead and it was writen by, Dan McFeeley. Great job Dan!

Bee cool, Dennis

byathread
08-23-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm happy to see Zymurgy devote several pages to the Mastering Mead section for Dan's article. Congratulations Dan! Well done. I look forward to seeing future articles of yours made available to a wider audience.

Kirk

Angus
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Zymergy is doing more and more on Mead and the uses of honey in brewing. It is therefore very cool to see that one of GMs own is contributing. Well done Dan.

Angus

Dan McFeeley
08-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's appreciated.

I still haven't gotten my own copy of Zymurgy, so I haven't seen the article itself yet! ;D

Oskaar
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
What, somebody send that man a Zymurgy!

Hey Dan, glad to see that Zymurgy finally got off of their duffs and recognized what a great article you put together, and the value to the ENTIRE brewing community, rather than just the beer enthusiasts!

Are you whipping up another as we speak? Will we see something in the IMA newsletter when it spins up? Are you researching more exciting mazing material to publish? How did they get eight great tomatoes in that little bitty can?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Oskaar

Angus
08-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Dan,

You should change your forum description to: Home Meadmaker and amateur researcher. :D

It is a great article. Thanks for the information.

Angus