PDA

View Full Version : Brewing Network

yabodie
08-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey Oskaar,
I have been listening to the Brewing Network through iTunes and I have a question for you. They did a show on BJCP and the judge mentioned mead and even “judged” a mead during the show. The main guy, Justin, of the show has mentioned a number of times about doing a mead show but has not done it yet. They did do a cider show and had the head brewer from Two Rivers Cider to discuss the style, tasting, etc.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea for you, as one of the master sages of Gotmead, to see if you could do a show with them to help spread the word about mead. After all, they are out of CA and you have the BOS in the CA state fair!!

Granted the show is mostly geared to beer and beer styles, they do seem to be open to all styles of fermented beverages and seem to be listened to in multiple countries.

Anyway just thought I would suggest something like that.

Just my two cents…

kace069
08-24-2006, 01:37 AM
I vote for that. They just had Denny Conn on the other sunday, another prolific forum poster. They had him on for the batch sparging show. After I listen to it I wondered.
Why not Oskaar?

Oskaar
08-24-2006, 02:28 AM
LOL Oskaar on the Brewing Network, now that's just scary. A forum for me to ramble on and on and ON about mead! Yeesh.

I dunno, Vicky and a few of us are working on some podcasts, along with some other materials from the last IMA Mead Festival in Boulder (Feb 2006) so I hope those get moving sooner rather than later. However, I'm sure there will be some cooperative efforts between the Brewing Network and Gotmead.com.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Cheers,

Oskaar

yabodie
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I figured that if Justin and the crew there have never had a mead before the BJCP show, why not have them try the BOS mead from the CA state fair?!? Hee hee look at me peddling someone else’s mead… ;D ;D

I thought that if these guys can start tasting some really good mead, then the visibility of mead within the homebrew circles would increase. After all, the Montgomery County fair had only 1 mead entry in all three BJCP categories…

Damn, down side to increasing mead visibility is the honey availabilities will go down and prices up.

webmaster
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Justin and I have been talking, and Gotmead (i.e. me and probably Oskaar) will be interviewed for the show. He had originally planned to do the show in May, but some stuff came up, and its delayed until later this year.

Don't worry, I'll be notifying y'all when its scheduled......

Down the road (soon I hope, but that all depends on when I can get it all set up) we'll have our own MeadCast Network, akin to Justin's show. I won't be able to stream it live the way he does, don't have the cash for the equipment and servers yet, but it will be there. He and I have already discussed linking together to mutually promote our shows on each others' sites. Justin is very cool, and has been very cool about advising me on equipment and such.

Once he schedules the show, I intend to give him a list of commercial meads to try (and contact the meaderies on his behalf, since they know me), and to get some of *our* meads to him, so they have some cool stuff to talk about during the show, and with luck, we'll just hang with them over the phone and talk mead for a while.

Vicky - programming as fast as I can...

yabodie
08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Vicky, That is awesome!!

Please keep us posted!!

Dan McFeeley
08-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, congrats to both of you! It'll really be exciting to see how this works out.

Recluse
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Another homebrew podcast (Basic Brewing Radio) has done a number of Mead related shows.

http://www.basicbrewing.com/radio/

Episodes from 08/04/05, 02/02/06 and 02/23/06

Actually got turned on to them from a post in these forums about their Mead making videos...which were nothing special, but I really enjoyed the Mead related audio casts.

I bet some of the Gotmead.com crew could find their way onto that one as well!

Recluse