• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead fest 2007

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Well,

I chair the Home Mead Makers Competition Committee so I'll be there drinking, and creating general mayhem.

cheers,

Oskaar

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
If you are chairing it then will you be able to enter the contest? Should be a good time regardless…

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I don't enter any contests that I'm involved with organizing. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just a personal decision that I make with each contest/involvement.

Anyone on the organizing committee can enter since it is a double blind judging competition this year. Committee members who are judging will not be seated at any judging tables for categories they have entered. Stewards will likewise not be assigned to steward any tables that will be judging a category that the steward has entered. Bottled entries will need to be generic, capped or corked bottles. Caps with any design must be blacked-out, corks must be neutral with no logos, wording, designs or emblems. Bottles may not have raised lettering or designs, no swing top (Grolsch style) bottles will be accepted.

That's a brief overview of the rules which will be announced very soon along with some new contests this year at the festival, and other great improvements to the festival itself.

cheers,

Oskaar

Leonora

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 16, 2006
Loveland, CO
www.ildanachstudios.com
I am mostly a lurker here, but I plan on going!

It's only about an hour and a half south from my house, depending on traffic.

But it sounds like a good thing to get a room so I can enjoy meeting folks and, well, drinking mead!

What goes on?

Leonora

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Mead goes on....lots of mead! It's a full on party for two days and two nights. Naked jacuzzi parties, cigar smoking and various other debauched acts usually ensue. It rocks! Be there or be wreck-tang-you-lair!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Swing tops are distinctive and attractive packaging, and therefore easily identifiable if there is someone you know who uses a particular brand or style. We're looking to take out all of the factors that could lead to any steward or judge being able to identify which mead may belong to a friend or fellow brew club member.

It's all in the interest of promoting completely blind and impartial judging.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Haha! I am famous!! I just realized that I am the new posterchild for Meadfest.com. That is me in my one of a kind custom indigo dyed GotMead tshirt getting ready to sample some Sky River Dry. :)

Cheers!

John

Oh, and hell yes I will be at Meadfest 2007!

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I'll be there, running my tail off!

Oskaar and I are planning to try to get adjoining rooms, with the idea of turning our space into the Gotmead Gathering Place for folks to be able to hang out, party, leave stuff if you're day tripping, etc.

Also, I'm planning on doing 'man on the street' interviews on the floor, and taping the talks for the IMA, so if anyone wants to volunteer to help with the recording (I'll provide the equipment), I'm negotiating perks with the IMA for those that help (don't know what they are yet).

Finally, Gotmead is an Official Sponsor of the Mead Festival this year, in return for the work I've done on their websites. So, I'll have a table there.

Now, here's the question: Besides swag and the ad packet for meaderies/brewshops, what should I have at the table?

WhooHoo!!!! Sure hope I have a voice after the festival this time! I couldn't talk for nearly a week after last year....

Vicky - gathering frequent flyer points in hopes of a free ticket.....

Leonora

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 16, 2006
Loveland, CO
www.ildanachstudios.com
Vicky - GM Webmistress said:
Now, here's the question: Besides swag and the ad packet for meaderies/brewshops, what should I have at the table?

Vicky - gathering frequent flyer points in hopes of a free ticket.....

Is the swag free stuff or is that things like the GM tee for sale?

Would various on-line suppliers give "up 20% off coupons" or "free who-zits with order and coupon?"? How about an official GotMead mazer?

Like you need something else to do, girl!

::)

Looking forward to this event a great deal!

All the best,
Leonora

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Swag is free stuff. I'll have 'Team Gotmead' tees free for my help, discounted for patrons, and for sale at the table. Also I'll have Gotmead pewter pins for help, patrons & for sale, and some other stuff yet to be named......

Yeah, Leonora, I know I need something else, but I'm gonna have to toss the ball back at the GM folks, in hopes that they can maybe get their local brewshops or apiaries to donate stuff for swag.

GM'ers: Tell 'em they can get 2 months of free site-wide advertising on Gotmead if they donate coupons, swag or something interesting to help the Gotmead sponsorship cause.
Contact me at gotmeadATgotmead.com if you have an idea, ok?

Vicky - in high gear now....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns