• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

NEW PATRON TOOL: Patron Home Pages

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
:wave: Hi gang!

I have been hard at work coming up with new ideas on how to reward my loyal patrons (THANK YOU!) with new and exciting additions to Gotmead. So, here's the next one:

PATRON HOME PAGES

Now, I have to assign accounts manually, and we only have 50 of them until I raise the $109 US (the software is $59 GBP) to upgrade to unlimited accounts, so the first 49 patrons (Angus already got one) to email me will get an account and directions on how to use it.

Patron pages lite allows me to give you up to 5 pages of your own to do whatever you like, and updating them is easy, and you don't have to know HTML. The menu link and the pages will be available for everyone to view your mead reminiscings.

I'm working on ways to get some cash into the GM coffers, so the rest of you be patient, I'll have it before long and will be able to upgrade, I'm sure! Meanwhile, everyone checkout all our cool affiliates (check the ads in the right column and on top, as well as the message I posted yesterday in the forum for links), do some holiday shopping, and toss a bit of cash my way!

Patrons, thanks again for your loyalty, and I hope you like this new toy.

Vicky - laboring long into the night on new stuff for GM

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK Delt, here ya go:

You need to click the patron pages menu link, and it will give you instructions. Then, click Patron Pages menu link again, and it will give you the controls to set up your page(s). You've got up to 5 pages (I'll have unlimited after I upgrade this package to the paid version later). Holler if you get hung up, ok?

Vicky - running out to make some clothing and book donations to a stuffless friend

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
All of you who have emailed, PM'ed and such to this post time will get Patron pages. Bear with me, I've got severe tendonitis in my right hand, and I'm typing *really* slow and clumsy, so it might take me a day or so to get them all done, but I'll try to get them up tonight.

As of this post, there are 41 patron pages left....

(Boy I can't wait to upgrade!)

Vicky - *ouch* I hate having tendonitis.....

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK, those of you who asked, so shall ye receive! Reference the directions I gave Ogre above :laughing4: and have at!

Some kind soul set up a few for me when I wasn't looking, thanks, whichever one of you did it!

There are 38 Patron Pages left...

Vicky - ouching my way through work, who've ever thunk I used my right hand this much? (I'm left handed)

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Thanks Chris.

Those of you that have requested pages to this date/time are now set up, follow the instructions above :laughing4: to set up your pages.

Vicky - bracing myself to clean the basement

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
Vicky,

Add me to your list of web page requests.

Also when you get a chance, send me some work to do.

Cheers
Jay

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Gotcha covered, Jay. And I haven't forgotten, I'll shoot some stuff over tomorrow. You up for some boring copying and pasting to get the MLD up to date?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Vicky - GM Webmistress said:
Vicky - ouching my way through work, who've ever thunk I used my right hand this much? (I'm left handed)

Just remember, neurologically speaking, it's only the left handed people who are in their right mind. ;D ;D ;D (speaking as a fellow left hander ;D )

Echoing the sentiments of this forum, thanks once again for all that you do here. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:wav:

winethief

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 25, 2006
hi vicki,
i'd love a patron page, if you have any left. if you don't, i can wait. thanks for your good work. :cheers:

'thief

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
You're on, 'thief. Its up and running. See directions above.

Hey, all you folks that jumped me on this wanting a page, go at least update the main page so they don't *all* say 'waiting update'......LOL

storm1969

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 13, 2005
Columbia, MD
Vicky - GM Webmistress said:
Honey, I set you up yesterday.....follow the directions above, and you'll be able to access it.

Thanks, It's been a rough couple of weeks. I will take a look at it tonight

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK, there are 23 Patron Page accounts left! Those of you that signed up, I hope you're having fun with them!

Vicky - off and running to finish the pool hall site and start on honeywine.com

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns