PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep on hand?

Yarmur
10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey gang,

Just curious which additives you all keep handy in your meadery. Looking to gain some insight on what each feels is a necessity?

Right now I have - GoFerm, FermaidK, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium carbonate, Potassium Metabisulfite, Bentonite, Sparkolloid, Iodophor, Glycerine and Pectic Enzyme on hand.

Yarmur

Oskaar
10-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Epsom salts, marmite, b12, k meta, k sorbate, iodophor, star san, vodka, foil, stretch wrap, k wipes, bleach wipes, spices (Penzy's is a wonderful thing)DAP, Go-Ferm, Dynastart, tannin. The stuff I use the most is iodophor, vodka, foil, stretch wrap and bleach wipes.

Oskaar

JamesP
10-20-2006, 12:26 AM
DAP, Tannic acid, acid blend, Sodium-BiMeta, Boiling water, Pectic Enzyme, spices, oak chips.

WRATHWILDE
10-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Epsom salts, marmite, b12, k meta, k sorbate, iodophor, star san, vodka, foil, stretch wrap, k wipes, bleach wipes, spices (Penzy's is a wonderful thing)DAP, Go-Ferm, Dynastart, tannin. The stuff I use the most is iodophor, vodka, foil, stretch wrap and bleach wipes.

You forgot Redheads.

Me, just the basics...

A variety of Lalvin yeasts, DV10, D21, D254, D47, GRE, QA23, RHST
GoFerm
Fermaid K
DAP
Tannin Galalcool
Vodka
Star San
Bleach
BLC Beer Line Cleaner

Dr Pepper and 100 proof Southern Comfort (Southern Doctor)... for my Caffeine fueled brew sessions.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

David Baldwin
10-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Acids: Malic, Citric, Tartaric
Cleaners: hand dish soap, bleach, Sani-brew, ProxyKleen
Calcium Carbonate
Sodium Metabisulphite, Potassium Metabisulphite.
K Sorbate
Yeast Nutrient
Yeast Energizer
Grape Tannin
Oak staves
PH test strips
K1V-1116, D47, RC-212, 71B-1122,
Vodka
Paper Towels
15# tank C02

akueck
10-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks to the wonders of mail order, I have a lot of the same. One thing to add: percarbonate. Handy dandy cleaner for stuck-on gunk. Also removes labels from bottles after a few minutes of soaking.

Rhianni
11-30-2006, 06:54 PM
I see several posts with vodka. Is that for the airlock or something else?

Angus
11-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Well that depends on the brewer and what they are doing. If filling up an airlock with sanitary germ killing solution, then yes. If Oskaar with a redhead or Wrathwilde with a black leather clad mistress, then it is used for lubrication :evil4:

Angus

Oskaar
11-30-2006, 09:26 PM
It's also a good disinfectant to use in a spray bottle so you can sanitize your racking canes on the outsite, lees stirrers, etc.

Plus, it makes a pretty good underarm deoderant too! LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar