PDA

View Full Version : Weeping! Weeping for joy! I made JAO and it is glorious! Thank you, Oskaar...

Cargirl
10-29-2006, 05:14 PM
and thank you Vicky and thank you everyone at Gotmead.com!!

I just racked my first JAO! I put it into a growler and a glass apple juice jug to age a bit and saved out about 4 or 5 tablespoons to taste. First real mead for me, ladies and gentlemen: and it was SO GOOD!

How sweet it tastes! What a tremendous amount of alcohol it must have! :tongue1: It seems at once orangey and cinnamony, sweet and quite full-bodied. It tasted just the way it did in my dream, too. :love5:

Only today did it suddenly become extremely clear, so clear I could see the window behind it perfectly. It went 72 days in the fermenter all totalled.

I hereby declare my allegiance to Oskaar and Vicky, as a devoted maker of the recipes of Joe Mattioli. :cheers:

Leonora
10-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Yay! Congratulations to you Cargirl! I tip my aluminum foil hat to you! *grin*

It is an amazing feeling to put some various things in a jug and after some time have wonderful delicious lovely booze! hee hee!

The next best feeling to drinking it one's self is sharing it with friends who think you are amazing for making such a thing!

All the best,
Leonora

Oskaar
10-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Kudos and Congratulations Cargirl!

May all your meads be as fulfilling, and if they aren't, then may they all be high enough in alcohol so it'll be hard to notice after the first glass!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Cargirl
10-30-2006, 11:41 PM
...It is an amazing feeling to put some various things in a jug and after some time have wonderful delicious lovely booze! hee hee!

The next best feeling to drinking it one's self is sharing it with friends who think you are amazing for making such a thing!

All the best,
Leonora

Thank you! And you are so right about sharing with friends--and family. I showed off my aging bottles to my folks and they were duly impressed. :D

Cargirl
10-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Kudos and Congratulations Cargirl!

May all your meads be as fulfilling, and if they aren't, then may they all be high enough in alcohol so it'll be hard to notice after the first glass!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Thank you! You know, I study your posts very, very closely. The volume of knowledge you possess is vast and deep. Have you ever thought about writing a book? :) You would make a great Mead for Dummies--hey, you helped this Dummie make great JAO.

I mean, you wouldn't believe the legs on this mead! Folks and I just shared small toast and the millipede legs ran straight down the full length of the glass.

May you and all Gotmeaders be forever blessed with hoards of hungry, stress-free yeasties!