• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Gotmead Homebrew Club?

Barrel Char Wood Products

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
I was wondering if Gotmead can be considered as a homebrew club and if so is there a club number associated with it? After all, it would be swanky if winners at the International Mead Fest were Gotmeaders...

Just a thought.

:cheers:

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Actually, I have been thinking about trying to start a homebrew club. How many people here are in a brew club? Has anyone here ever started one? I have lots of questions.

Curenntly my plan is... I have a good relationship with the owner of the store where I buy my craft beer. I have helped her develop her market. She has mentioned to me that she has a few other homebrewers coming in there and I told here my idea. She will allow me to put something up to get some information from people. I was just thinking names, city, telephone numbers. Then maybe give everyone a call and see what kind of interest I could get.

So what do clubs do? I figure brew together, taste homebrew, taste commercial brew, discuss style, group orders, brewery tours, compete. What else?

I'd really like to interact with real people instead of virtual people. Not that you guys aren't great ;D
But you know what I mean.

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Kace,
What are you saying man?!?! I think most of us use soap and shower regularly... :laughing7:

Actually, I joined a homebrew club in my area and it is nice to have warm bodies to give feedback on how the brews taste, etc. The couple meetings I have attended we sat back and had some homebrew, a tasting of Oktoberfest beers and pumpkin ales. We also discussed the brewing process of beer. The club seems to be a bunch of folks who enjoy beer, but I am working on them with meads. Come to think of it I might be one of the few mazers in the group. The feedback I have received on the beers and meads have all been positive.

If you can get the bodies together, meet once a month, brew together, drink together, and provide honest feedback, I think that is the only way to improve.

:cheers:

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns