PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...my kid was filmed by MTV for "Two a Days"

Cargirl
11-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this.

My kid was filmed for a few seconds by MTV for that show "Two a Days". They're filming it at her high school. She is in one of the classes that's being filmed too.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she's been filmed more than she realizes. She's 5'10" with hair the color of a brand-new penny. She couldn't blend into the woodwork no matter how hard she tried.

We don't watch Two a Days (MTV is banned at our house) but maybe we'sll start now that it has gone into syndication on CMT.

I was in show business for two decades. Not sure I would recommend it as a career unless one cares not about money. I made money and I'm very grateful. But it is hard, hard, hard to do. Often, its more a matter of luck and timing than talent. :glasses2:

Dahole
11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm cool but do people who get put on air get review rights or did you have to sign a release.

Where you in anything we would know?

Cargirl
12-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Every year, all Hoover students have to turn in a multi-media release form either marking 'yes' you agree to appear in recorded events or 'no' you don't wish to. Various things get filmed and recorded at Hoover each year.

Was I in anything you'd know? If you were in central Alabama 20 years ago. :icon_thumleft:

WRATHWILDE
12-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Do people who get put on air get review rights...

Can you say "NEVER" boys and girls? At least not for extras, and often not even if you're the star. I've heard of more than a few movies in my life where the "Star" tried to block the release. I've had quite a few friends that have ended up as extras in films, and they don't even get to know if they've made the final cut until they go to see it.... on their own dime.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde