Think about all of us that could not make it :(

We sure will be thinking about you all :notworthy:

Good luck and be safe ...
:cheers:

Lift one for gotmead

Wolf

Oskaar
02-07-2007, 07:43 AM
It's a shame you won't be there, but rest assured we'll hoist more than one to our in absentia GotMead brethren!

Cheers,

Oskaar

ucflumberjack
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
somebody drink some stout in my honor. ill be stuck in Orlando studying.....

yabodie
02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
If there are any I will have one or three for you.

:cheers:

MtnBrewer
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
somebody drink some stout in my honor. ill be stuck in Orlando studying.....

To anybody who is up to UCF's challenge, I recommend Great Divide's Oak Aged Yeti.

Johnnybladers
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
A bottle of the oak aged Yeti resides in my basement. I remember the non oaked as being very good and am anticpating the oaked one.

ucflumberjack
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Oaked Aged Yeti? what the heck is that????? if its stout i pretty much stick with guinness, ive only had one other kind(sierra neveda) and i still love guinness. its much better on tap than in bottle but its good either way.

MtnBrewer
02-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Oaked Aged Yeti? what the heck is that????? if its stout i pretty much stick with guinness, ive only had one other kind(sierra neveda) and i still love guinness. its much better on tap than in bottle but its good either way.

Oak Aged Yeti (http://www.greatdivide.com/thebeers/oakagedyeti.htm)

To each his own. I say if you're going to drink a stout, it should be stout. None of this nancy boy stout for me. :) I'm also going to be bringing some bottles of my own imperial stout to pass out to an unfortunate few.

ucflumberjack
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
would you mind making some recomendations as to what stouts i should try?

Johnnybladers
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
would you mind making some recomendations as to what stouts i should try?

Young's Double Chocolate comes to mind as well as Brooklyn's Black Chocolate(it ages quite well). Stone Brewing make a Russian Imperial (I think its an Imp.) that is pretty good as well. Dogfish Head's (might be one word) Worldwide stout and Rogue's Imperial stout are both high alc. "thick" feeling brews that probably have as much in common with a wine (think barley-wine style ales) as beer. The list grows rapidly.....Victory's Stormking is a hoppier style stout, Stoudt Brewing Co.'s Fatdog is an Imperial Oatmeal stout, Lancaster Brewing's Milk stout(contains lactose) is a "sweet" stout (as opposed to guiness being considered a dry stout, I think anyway) Left Hand makes a Milk Stout as well as an even better Imperial Stout. Middle Ages' Dragonslayer...........I think I should stop now. Suffice it to say , in my opinion guiness is sorta like the coor's lite of stouts, ya gotta start somewhere but there's plenty to build on.

The world is a great place full of many tastes, drink up. :cheers:

MtnBrewer
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
To that list I'd add Rogue Shakespear Stout (an oatmeal stout), Beamish and Murphy's (both Irish stouts) and Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter (not a stout but close).

akueck
02-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Anderson Valley Brewing has a nice Oatmeal Stout. Probably not available outside the Bay Area (CA), but good anyway. Another good Bay Area stout is Drake's Imperial Stout. Nice roasty coffee flavors. Drake's has a wider distribution, so you might be able to find it. Their stout comes in a flip top 500ml too, bonus! One a day keeps scurvy away!!!