PDA

View Full Version : Two Things

ucflumberjack
02-12-2007, 10:20 AM
well first thing i thought some of you might be entertained by is that i started playing rugby with me schools club team. i have already gotten kicked in the head twice, and gotten a goos scrape accompained by a huge good egg once.

the second bit is that for teh first time ever, i bought a bunch of wine. i got merlot, blackberry merlot(2), pinot grigio, chardonnay, strawberry white zinfandel and one more that i cant think of at the moment. next on the list is cabernet and shiraz... the merlot and the chardonnay both mentioned having oak in them so well see if i can even taste it.

yabodie
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Rugby is a BLAST and I had a lot of fun playing. I was in the second row of the tight five. Damn good time and the parties after the games were better!! They helped kill the soreness of the matches.

Angus
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Ah, the gentlemen's game. Played it for 12 years, 10 in England and 2 in the US. Broke a rib, fractured the collarbone twice, concussed twice, more nose bleeds than I care to remember. Played Flanker, 2nd row, #8, and occasionally pulled out to the line when someone needed to be brought down with extreme prejudice.

Greatest times of my life.

Angus

P.S. - If you have the choice of shooting the boot, or going zulu, choose the latter. More fun!

yabodie
02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Avoid shooting the boot!!! Man, that is just nasty...

ucflumberjack
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
im playin hooker so far. its been fun, the party after the game was nuts. never heard so many drinking songs or seen so many women chugging beer almost as fast as the men. it was also nice to meet people who liked beer flavored beer....