PDA

View Full Version : Twiddling my thumbs in Denver International Airport

webmaster
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
::sigh:: I *was* headed home today from Julia Herz' house, where I stayed for a day after the MeadFest, and I get here to find out that Chicago is socked in, my flight has been cancelled, and I get to loiter around here all day....

So, I got a flight out at 4:45, through Nashville, and get home just in front of the ice storm thats supposed to whack NC tomorrow.....

Vicky - dawdling in the smoking lounge, getting ready to eat at Wolfgang Pucks.....

wolf_tracker
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
:wave:

Just get home safely ..
that is what matters the most

:cheers:

w

Rhianni
02-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Hope you made it out Vickie cause it looks like its snowing now here in colorado springs. I would imagine its the same in denver

sandman
02-14-2007, 02:53 AM
I was just at that Wolfgang Puck's there in Denver in January. The food takes forever, but the beer is good and cold. I was on my way back over here to the sandbox after visiting my wife and kids in AZ over the holidays.

Hope you make it home in a relatively timely manner. With today's flight schedules and policies, that's about all you can hope for. Oh, and when you open your luggage and see it's all messed up and the underpants gnomes have rifled though everything and left their paper tag saying it was for security purposes, be glad you have that nice properly aged bottle of mead waiting for you when you get back to NC. Maybe a nice warm Methegin and a heavy blanket coupled with a good, large, comfy chair (and a laptop so you can stay plugged into GM of course) ;D

BTW, I gave in and started a batch of JAO the other night. I had to make a few field expedient changes to get it prepped, but it's foaming along nicely this morning. Even if it doesn't turn out right it'll be good to have a first attempt under my belt. Besides, we'll drink it anyway. Don't even ask what I used for an airlock... you DON'T want to know. :o LOL

JephSullivan
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
...you DON'T want to know. :o LOL

You can't say that. Now we all want to know!

Johnnybladers
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Necessity is the mother of invention, :sign13: now give up the details ;D I've heard of using a condom "balloon" and venting it by occasionally "burping" it when it gets inflated.

Johnnybladers
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
In my quest for humorous enlightenment I forgot to ask Vicky if she's home safe and sound. It got kinda ugly here in PA, don't know how far "down" the east coast. NC is home if I remember, not all that far away.

sandman
02-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Yep, you got me... You can't buy a beer in this darn counrty, but you can sure buy condoms. Of course I had to buy them here on camp at the PX. They won't allow soldiers to drink, and they say you can't... umm... fraternize, but you can buy condoms at the PX on any given site... go figure. Untreated, no extra substances (lubes, I mean lubes), and turned inside out jic there's any powder or anything on the inside surface.

In any case, my contraband bottle of JAO is bubbling away nicely behind lock and key. It should be done about a month before I get out of here so I'll have something to celebrate. If it doesn't come out, it'll be due to the minor changes I had to make to get it going at all out here on the fringe (Iraq is about 100 meters give or take from my living accomodations), but it'll have been fun getting started on my life as a mazer in training in any case.