• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Help my fraternity help cancer victims. (Its for charity)

Barrel Char Wood Products

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
Hello Everyone.
Well im not sure how to go about saying this becasue I dont like asking people for money(even when its for charity) so please bear with me here...

I'm a proud memeber of the Xi Iota(UCF) chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon(International Fraternity) and contrary to popular belief we(Fraternities and Sororities) do positive things for our communities. Right now we are helping raise money for "Relay for Life". (Heres the part the makes me uncomfortable) As a member of TKE I am asking the great people on this forum for help(Along with all my other friends and family). All you have to do is go to the Relay for Life website and follow the direcions from there.

Relay for Life:
Click here

(Ed note: LONG URL changed to restore site layout)

Here is a link to the TKE website: www.tke.org This one is about Xi Iota, TKE: www.tkeucf.com

Information about "Relay for Life" can be found on the first link.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any help(From me, my fraternity, and the cancer vitcims of the world).

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
thanks alot, i really appreciate it. our group is actually ranked 6th for donations right now.

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I was Chi(Univ of WA) chapter personally... until I transferred to the Delta-Pi(Eastern Michigan Univ) chapter halfway through college. :icon_thumright:
Of course that was way back in the 90's.(and a good chunk of the 80's as well.) :drunken_smilie:

Good luck on that fund raiser brother.:cheers:

YITB,
Rob

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
you were a TKE? thats pretty cool. things have changed alot in the past 5-10 yeasrs.

were doing very well in the fundraiser, last i checked or heard we were beating all the other greek teams that are participating at ucf.

Thanks,
YITB,
Joey Wilson, #731

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Yep, I sure was. I pledged back in the fall semester of '81 (That would be about the dawn of time to you) at the University of Washington. After a few setbacks and restructuring of my educational priorities, I ended up at Eastern Michigan University where I finished up my BS in the mid-90's.

For now I'm doing this civilian contractor thing over here in the sandbox, but I'll be back home in the southwest this summer.

Us old-timers are out here brother. You never know where you'll run into us.

Keep your network of buddies together dude. They'll come in handy someday, no doubt about it.
:cheers:
YITB,
Rob Ratliff
X-817

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
thats pretty cool. its always good to meeet TEKES that are successful and have jobs. My chapter is trying to gather up the alumni that are in the area right now. We dont really know many of them so we only see eachother, which isnty bad, but its alot more motivational when you also get to see the guys that are already through college.

do you keep in contact with your chapter?

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hi Joey,

I sent you an email so we can take this part of the string offline now. Feel free to ask me anything as far as career info or whatever goes. We might be different generations, but we're still TKE's.
:cheers:

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns