• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Please Vote: Sheraton Hotels: Chief Beer Officer (Whatta Job!!!)

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey Gang! A buddy of mine, Scott Kerkmanns (who you may know as the editor of DRAFT Magazine) is in the running with 3 others (out of thousands that applied) for the position of Chief Beer Officer. Starwood (Sheraton's parent company) has put it out there for the public to vote for their favorites.

If you don't have a preference, I would like to ask you to vote for Scott. He's a great guy, and deserves this gig.

Here's his letter (feel free to copy and forward this to anyone you think would be interested):

Sent: Thu Mar 1 16:47
Subject: Fwd: Chief Beer Officer

Dear Colleagues, Friends and Family,

I hope this email finds all of you doing well. If we haven't spoken in awhile I apologize. If you have the time, I'd love to hear back from you so we can catch up. I have been busy with a new venture called DRAFT. If you have never heard of DRAFT Magazine please feel free to go to our web site (www.draftmag.com) or look for us in Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstores. Basically DRAFT is a consumer lifestyle magazine, which is similar to Wine Spectator or Cigar Aficionado but with craft beer as the central theme.

The reason I am writing is for your support. I am currently in charge of all the beer content in DRAFT and as most of you know, before that I was a beer distributor in AZ and a brewer at Alaskan Brewing Company. Last October Sheraton Hotels announced a new position they were hiring for called Chief Beer Officer (CBO). Basically the CBO for Sheraton will decide what beers the hotel carries, represent the hotel at beer festivals like Oktoberfest and The Great American Beer Festival, write a weekly blog, and other promotional duties. Obviously I would love to get this position. I would keep my position with DRAFT because I can do the CBO job on the side. 7800+ people from 31 countries applied and through several preliminary rounds of questionnaires and tasks, Sheraton has narrowed the search down to 4 people. Luckily, I am one of those 4 people. I fly to NY to interview for the position with the CEO of Starwood Hotels (Sheraton's Parent Company) on March 7th. However, starting today they are letting the public have a say as to who they would like to have be the CBO. Their web page now has a voting feature where you can view a video of me and see my qualifications. I am not sure how long the vote will be available but it won't be more than a few days, so make sure you look soon. I would sincerely appreciate your vote. Please check it out at www.fourpoints.com/cbo
If that doesn't work try this one
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promotions/promo_landing.html?category=FPCBO

Thank you very much for all your time reading this email and for your vote. I would, of course, love it if you would forward this on to as many people as you think would go on and vote also.

Cheers,

Scott Kerkmans
scott.kerkmans@draftmag.com

PS: If you would like to know more about this position feel free to read these articles or write me back so I can give you the official press release.

BrandWeek Article Link
http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news06/1611-Beer.shtml
Boston Magazine Article Link

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns