PDA

View Full Version : No-Age Sweet Mead (Ready in 3 Weeks)

Zap
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Now that I've made sure that I should leave my other mead the heck alone - I had a question for anyone here that might have made this particular recipe before.

It is the No-Age Sweet Mead Ready in 3 Weeks -- J.M.
http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=119&Itemid=6
(http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=119&Itemid=6)

This is in the recipes section, and has a rating 4/4 so I thought I'd try it since it is on a smaller scale.

My question pertains to the somewhat vague statement to add a honey/water mixture after the second day. The rest of the recipe is written to be very precise, so the results come out the same. I am using a 4L wine jug as my carboy, and I did not use a whole gallon of water (between the honey mixture, the tannin mixture, and filling the jug up). I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for what I should do? I am gathering it would be best to make the additional stuff just like the must?

Has anyone made this recipe before and do they have any other feedback?

Thanks! :)

wolf_tracker
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
:wave:

we are making it ...
three weeks is today
and it is not clear ...

what did we do wrong ...

we have a second batch going right now
two weeks is next monday 4 june

any thoughts would be appreciated

:cheers:
wolf

Zap
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Hooray - Sounds like we're in like company. This is my first try, and it is bubbling vigorously (30 BPM) at the moment. Today is only the third day. I hope mine clears! I was planning on having some ready to share by Father's Day. If not, well... I guess we'll try it ourselves when its done.

Curious what you might have done as far as the addition of water/honey on the second day?

wolf_tracker
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
third cup honey and water to about one and
a third cups then poured into carboy
until about 2 inches from top

pour very slowly ... it foamed up like
crazy ... might try a slo stir first ...

foamed up on both my batches
trying to get a batch ready for my
brothers visit in early july