• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Greetings to Everybody

Barrel Char Wood Products

goodvibes

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2007
Aloha Mead Makers,

Just a quick note to say hello to everybody! Through the use of the search feature, any questions that i may have had about making my first batch of mead, appear to have already been posted. Therefore, I wanted to go ahead and make my first post one that pays my respects to Vicki and everyone else that has, of their own free will, catapulted this site to forefront of mead-making. After spending some time researching, I have discovered that this site has compiled more information than any other on the web. My hat is off to all who have made this what it is today! Moving on....
I will be starting my first batch next week. It will be a 6 gallon batch using Joe's Ancient Orange recipe. I will be sure to keep everyone posted of how things come along. If it turns out to be a success and i catch the *bug*, my next attempt will include a batch using Macadamia nut honey. I live in the beautiful paradise of Hawaii so access to that particular honey seems to be more readily available and cheaper than can be found on the mainland. (An opportunity that i'm choosing to take advantage of :toothy10:) Aloha and Mahalo nui loa!

~N \m/ (*_*) \m/

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Welcome to Got Mead?

I hope you find everything you mead . . . uh need that is! It's great that you have access to that great Hawaiian honey for such a low price! Macadamia nut makes stellar mead. I have an excellent Macadamia Nut honey Russian Imperial Stout Braggot (with some secret ingredients) that is rockin and rollin now, and I remember Ken saying that he really likes Macadamia Nut honey as well so I don't think you can go wrong with that one.

Cheers and welcome aboard,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns