• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Bar-B-Q!!!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
Hello everyone. I would like to tell everyone that last month I bought my first grill. Its a cheap one, but its big enough to cook for the amount of people that I cook for, and it's charcoal. I just thought I might solicit some sauce recipes from yall, and maybe even some advice. I do have one question so far, is it possible to slow cook some ribs on a grill? So far i've only done chicken wings, breast, and drumsticks, some steaks, and some sausage. It all came out great so far, but i want to try to tackle a brisket or some ribs soon. I have started working on my own sauces, so far im workin on 2, but I want to try to make a mustard sauce with a beer reduction as part of the ingredients list. Im actually thinking of using a wort reduction instead of beer. Seems like it might be a waste of possible beer, but come on, its berbecue, fair trade off.

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
My favorite BBQ:

1 tsp rosemary, 2 cloves garlic, minced fine, 2 tsp horseradish, 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 3 tbsp malt vinegar, 1 tsp basalmic vinegar, 1 bottle (12oz) Big Foot Barleywine. Marinade for 24-48 hours before grilling with an 1 1/2" or 2" London Broil. The more, the merrier on the time for the marinade.

Second Favorite: Sirloin chops (pork) with garlic powder, ginger powder, a bit of sage, black pepper and rice vinegar. 20 minute marinade and then saute 4 minutes per side. And to really set it off, a bit of apricot mel to tie it together... Sear hot and quick, get that caramelization happening on each side...

I could go on.....

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Favorite sauce:

2 cups Ketchup, 1/4 cup mollases, 2 tbs mustard, 1 tbs Ancho chille paste, 1 tsp ground garlic, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tbs white vinegar, salt/pepper to taste. Bring entire mix to simmer on low heat, remove heat immediately and let stand.

Can you slow cook ribs in a charcoal grill? Depends on the size of the grill. The smaller the grill, the harder it is, but it can be done. 4 hours tending a small mound of charcoal can be difficult. You will need around 12 hours for a slow cook of a brisket (at 220F), so this may be too much for a small grill. Give it a go though and enjoy. Just about anything that you grill comes out tasting edible.

Angus

teljkon

Banned
May 28, 2007
This is a favorite of mine salmon pouch. 1 salmon filet, 2 pad butter, large sprig dill, 2 clove garlic, salt, pepper, 1 tsp olive oil, and a splash of balsamice. Take tine foil put all ingrediants on the tine foil then fold foil in a way that the left and right side of the foil meet and roll this end over end then do the same with the ends so its snug. Cook on medium high for 10-15 minuts!

A good marinade for steak that I always use is 1/4 cup balsamic, 1/4 cup worcestershire , 10 dashes hot sauces, 1 oz wet mustard or 1 table spoon dry, two table spoons horse radish, 1/8 of a cup honey 3 cloves minced garlice, oregano, salt, peper, basile, & a cyane to taste. then some cheap viniger to cover but you should be about 70% marinade! I call nicked named this recipie the spice rack special & for good reason. Red wine has made it in there on ocasions even some beer, always try to have the first four ingredients in there though + garlice and olive oile!

Johnnybladers

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 13, 2006
Black diamond steak

2 Tbl. veg oil
1/4 cup honey
2Tbl. vinegar
pinch of garlic powder
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
2 Tbl brown sugar
1.5 tsp ginger powder

I mix all the ingredients together and marinade steaks that have been scored and poked through with a fork in a tupperware type container at least overnite(in the fridge of course) and as long as 3 full days. Grill as desired (I know you steak eaters out there will hate it, but I like mine well done :angryfire:)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns