PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Jandra
10-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Hello,

First of all: great resource, this forum. Iíve been reading old posts and hopefully wonít ask questions which have been answered before.

Next: Greetings from a newBee in the Netherlands. Iíve started my first succesful mead in 2005 and bottled it in April 2006 and now find it fairly drinkable but somewhat boring after the first few sips.

Iím not an experienced drinker of mead or any other alcoholic beverage, unfortunately. This is not because Iím too young (at 38) or because I donít like it (I do!!), but because alcohol often causes a funny reaction in my face making it itch :sad10:. Hence I canít really comment on quality, donít know about Ďnoseí and all that. I know there are other Dutch people on this forum, so if anyone knows an opportunity to meet other Dutch or Flemish mead makers and taste some different meads Iíd be grateful to hear about that. Not much commercial mead sold in shops here.

My second batch of mead was started just a couple of months ago and has already cleared. So much faster than my first batch, Iím amazed. This time it didnít boil the must and I did use a bucket and whisked air for primary fermentation.

Also currently fermenting: a mix of plum and apple and honey. Not a clue how that is going to turn out. SG measurement failed (didnít know how to do that with the fruit and all).

Anyway, after starting this third batch I decided to buy Ken Schrammís book and hopefully learn more. I did. Read it like a novel and am now rereading it more slowly.
All this has inspired me to Make More Mead :D.

Right, Iíll post some questions too, but thought to introduce myself first.

Regards, Jandra

wolf_tracker
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
:wave:

greeting and welcome

keep reading and asking questions

we are all here to learn and share.

:cheers:

wolf

wildaho
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Welcome Jandra! Sounds like you are off to a great start already. :icon_thumleft:

Jandra
10-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome. This is a great resource; I've already learned a lot here.

Jandra