PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Hello

archae13
10-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the site.

Used the brewlog for its purposehttp://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=412&topic=5985.0, and though I be justa newbie, there be things another can learn from and avoid.

Thanks for the site.

Not SCA, but rabid Python fan, computergeek (since '83) and all 'round nut.

peace to all.

CW

wildaho
10-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Welcome to GotMead?

That's not a question, it's a statement!

I don't do the SCA either but I likes me coconuts (and the watery tarts holding swords. Oh! and the oral sex!) and what took you so long to become a computer geek? Remember the VAX PDP/11? And ADVENTURE? that morphed into ZORK?

So what styles do you like/have done/have tried?

archae13
10-24-2007, 08:05 AM
What took me so long?

I am a yute! (ala My cousin Vinny)

My dad an engineer - had an Atari 400(k) which I programmed graphix for at 9?

Next an Apple IIe

then an 8808 clone

then a 286

I ran a Mac lab at University of N. Colorado in '88 - had to boot 24 cpu's individually by floppy each morning; then checked-out software to the masses on floppy(s) like Word.

No Disk drives - no Netwerk.

Time-sliced college mainframe with early unix/bsd.

Work noe in Java, C# C++ PERL shell script DHTML HTML

Only hell for the damned.

Nice to Mead you. (Bad Pun)
CW

Wolfie
10-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Welcome on Dude

We've got everything you mead right here, so don't bee shy with questions if you find yourself in a sticky situation. :tongue1:bv

Gremlin2651
11-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Greetings all,

I'm fairly new at the Mead brewing. I brewed one batch and it did not turn out so well, it ended up going down the drain. The second batch I started a little over a year or so ago and it has been in its secondary for approx a year now. I'm currently deployed to Iraq and had my wife send me a picture of my carboy, there is still water in the airlock but there is approx 6 in of head space. Should I be concerned about waiting another 4 months before I bottle it?