PDA

View Full Version : Drinking the new brew tonight

Teufelhund
10-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey Y'all...

New brew time. It's just a plain ol' sack mead that took a bloody year to finish, BUT, here's the critique. And pardon me for typing so slowly.....Ha
Ok, first off, it tested out at 22% ac so I can taste the alcohol and to be honest, the first sip sort of choked me with the alcohol smell. It's got a great flavor, sort of sweet, mellow, the fumes are making my eyes water. I just put my cigarette out. There's no bad after tastes or acidity; just a good heady (pardon my lack of proper terminology. ).
Now, please understand, I have only tasted my own mead and Camelot mead, the kind you buy in the store, so I have absolutely no concept of what a great mead is. What I do know, is that it's pretty potent stuff, tastes pretty dang good and my liver is now probably more pickeled than a Swedish herring. I'm sure kidney failure is next. Can they put this stuff in IVs????? :cheers: Hmmmmmmmmm.....

DD

wayneb
10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey, man! If you want to see what mead in all its splendiferous variety can taste like, come to the IMF (International Mead Festival) in February. Of course you've gotta get yourself to Denver, but I'm sure you'll hear from any of us who have been before that there isn't any better place to explore mead in all its glory!