PDA

View Full Version : Cold crashing cyser

vanoob
10-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Happy Halloween :icon_cyclops:

I started a 1g cyser with an OG=1132 using 71B. Yesterday it read 1012 and was still going. Tasted just right as far as sweetness so I put it in the fridge. Tonight, the lees are compacting and the liquid is separating/clearing. My question is how long should I leave it before racking to keep it from restarting. Should I let the lines all work their way to the bottom until it is mostly clear? Or is something else falling out of solution beside yeast?

Thanks!

Oskaar
10-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Give it a good two weeks and check your gravity before you rack.

Cheers,

Oskaar

vanoob
11-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks Oskaar! Looks like I'll need to rearrange some things to keep the wife happy :)

ender
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks Oskaar! Looks like I'll need to rearrange some things to keep the wife happy :)

Whew! Good, so it's not just me!

Oskaar
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Ender,

Is that the two weeks or the wife!

Cheers,

Oskaar

dr9
01-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I found this searching for cold crashing. I am also trying to find info on cold crashing a cyser with a good amount of sugar still in it, but also carbonating it. Bottling it with dangerously high sugar, but keep one bottle with a balloon on it until it starts to swell and then refridgerating the whole batch.

Basically, a way to sweeten a beverage and carbonate it without kegging equipment. Not just cyser, but plain old cider, as well as some GF beers.

Can any of you steer me in the right direction? Links, your own experience, or ... ?