PDA

View Full Version : International Mead Association - Need document translation into several language

webmaster
11-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi gang,

Well, between one thing and another, Oskaar and I are now co-coordinators for putting on the International Mead Festival (assisting the main coordinator), and launching the membership drive for the International Mead Association.

So, I've got several documents that need to be translated so we can reach non-US meaderies and industry suppliers.

So far, the languages I need are:

French
German
Polish
Slovakian
Chinese
Spanish
Dutch
Lithuanian

So, if you can write in any of these languages, and wish to volunteer your services, the IMA/IMF can use your help!

Please, when you respond, copy me at gotmead@gotmead.com so I have it for my files, and if y'all would keep this thread on track and not clutter it up with commentary, I would appreciate it. We're on a *very* tight schedule, and time is at a premium......
[/list]

Angus
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
My better half does professional translation in Spanish. Send over the stuff and we can get that one dealt with.

Angus

Jandra
11-05-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi,

I didn't read the message correctly and I just responded to gotmead mail adress. The short of the message was: I'm a professional Dutch translator and should be able to help you out with the Dutch documentation. Send it over and I'll have a look at it.

Jandra

webmaster
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
OK, I've got someone for Spanish, Dutch & Polish. I still need:

French
German
Chinese
Lithuanian

Any ideas? the biggest ones I *really* need are French and German. There are only a couple meaderies for the rest, but I've a *boatload* of French-speaking meaderies, and several that are German or Austrian.

Dagda
11-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Not sure how well it would work, but try this site: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

webmaster
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
No, those only give very rough translations. I need actual translations from real people for the membership request letter and the invitation to to the commercial competition. Asking for things like money in broken French or Polish wouldn't be polite, I think. That is why I want a manual translation....

Summersolstice
11-07-2007, 08:17 AM
OK, I've got someone for Spanish, Dutch & Polish. I still need:

French
German
Chinese
Lithuanian

Any ideas? the biggest ones I *really* need are French and German. There are only a couple meaderies for the rest, but I've a *boatload* of French-speaking meaderies, and several that are German or Austrian.

I can't help you with those Vicky, but if you're needing Cebuano or Tagalog... On second thought, durian mead doesn't sound too good, does it?