PDA

View Full Version : yest

therecyclingviking
12-21-2007, 01:38 AM
does anyone use Lavin yest and what do you think of it? Now that we are on the subject what kind of yest do you use and is there any reason why?

teljkon
12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
I think youll find alot of pepole use lavline, its probaly the most commonly used yeast on the board. D-47 and Ec1118 are the most popular by far. Do some forum searches youll get alot of information. The only yeasts ive heard bad mouthed so afar are some of the liquids made yeasts for mead specifically. The problem has been stalling mostly. I persoanally always subscribe to the rule of thumb is the only persons experince that matters is my own. In othe words if I like the results then so be it. So experiment and figure out what you like.
:happy10:

teljkon
12-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Did a little research on your yeast it is lellamand brand yeast when i run a google check out this site for more info http://www.lallemandwine.us/products/yeast_strains.php and yes we do use it, alot actually.

Oskaar
12-22-2007, 01:34 AM
does anyone use Lavin yest and what do you think of it? Now that we are on the subject what kind of yest do you use and is there any reason why?

Please familiarize yourself with the forum search tool which will yield a wealth of information on Lalvin and Lallemand yeasts. There are many posts covering different yeasts and yeast types here on Got Mead. Do your diligence and you'll really get a lot of great information.

Cheers,

Oskaar