PDA

View Full Version : Metro Detroit Mead Club anyone?

Brad Dahlhofer
12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm currently a member of a brewing club in the Detroit area, but have been completely consumed in my love for meadmaking. SO, I decided to cast a line out and see if anyone is interested in starting a mead making club here. I know there are some metro Detroiters here. Anyone interested?

Brad

Yo momma
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Well I'm not in Detroit, but I am in Flint. Maybe a neutral sight so I don't have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there would be great.

sandman
12-21-2007, 11:19 PM
I would totally be interested if I still lived in Canton, but since I live in the AZ these days I'm going to have to pass. Sounds like a great idea though.

TAKeyser
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Did anything ever come of this?

skunkboy
04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Did anything ever come of this?

In a word, I don't think so.

TAKeyser
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
In a word, I don't think so.

That's what I figured, since I've never heard of one in the area.

Fisk Jaegaren
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I live near Detroit also, wouldn't mind meeting others with an interest in mead making.

TAKeyser
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I live near Detroit also, wouldn't mind meeting others with an interest in mead making.

There's a bunch of us in the area so we've been talking about getting together towards the end of the month (everyone seems to be a little busy right now). I'll be sure to post something and let everyone know when a date is set.

New2mead
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
There's a bunch of us in the area so we've been talking about getting together towards the end of the month (everyone seems to be a little busy right now). I'll be sure to post something and let everyone know when a date is set.

Can anyone join in? Do we bring a bottle of our mead?

TAKeyser
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Can anyone join in? Do we bring a bottle of our mead?

Oh yeah everyone will be welcome! As for bringing our own meads that depends on where it will be, we were talking Kuhnhenn's since they have some nice (Mazer Cup winning) meads of their own so it will depend on if I can get a hold of the owner to make sure it's OK. He used to allow it for the Homebrew Club (beer) that I used to be in.

skunkboy
04-06-2012, 03:17 PM
That's what I figured, since I've never heard of one in the area.

Closest thing that I know of is the Mead Momma's who are part of CRAFT.

TAKeyser
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Closest thing that I know of is the Mead Momma's who are part of CRAFT.

I used to be a member of CRAFT, before I moved out of Macomb County and well before the Mead Momma's. My interest turned mainly to mead so when I moved back I talked to a few of them, but they're still mainly a beer club.

Vandall
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM

TAKeyser, as per our previous contact, let me know where and when.

Vandall

TAKeyser
04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
TAKeyser, as per our previous contact, let me know where and when.

Vandall

I sure will

Fisk Jaegaren
04-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm ready too....just made my first JOA.

I talked about this with a couple of my friends, they might show some interest as well, one's a brewer the other...well just a consumer!