• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Anthem for 2007, Theme for 2008

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
OK, here's one we haven't played yet:

What song (please only one) best describes 2007 for you and what mead would you pair along with that song to personify 2007 for you.

What song (please as above, only one) best describes what you would like 2008 to be, and what mead would you pair with 2008 to make it the ideal year for you?

cheers,

Oskaar

beninak

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I'll be a cheeser and pick two songs off the same album and the same kind of mead... ;D

Another Traveling Song - Bright Eyes, paired with my very frst mead that I ever made: a traditional OB honey semi-sweet mead that despite all of my efforts to fix still tastes horribly yeasty a year later. Not sure if it was insufficient nutrition, infection, or just bad honey to start with. Out with the old!!!

This Is The First day Of My Life - Bright Eyes, paired with the first commercial example of an OB traditional I've ever tasted: Luz del Sol from Celestial Meads here in Anchorage. It just tastes light, bright, and sunny - hopefully just like 2008 will be.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Cool! Mine are:

Song - Ti si mene sve (You're my everything) - Oliver Dragojevic; Album: Trag u Beskraju
Mead - Dalmatinska Medovina Travarica (Dalmatian herbal bitter dry mead)

Song - Dixie Chicken - Little Feat; Album - Waiting for Columbus
Mead - Siberian Eclipse Oaked Stout Braggot

Cheers,

Oskaar

Teufelhund

Banned
Oct 17, 2007
POX 181 Covington, OH 45318
This is just really strange on soooooooo many levels but I'll play along. Ok, here goes:

2007:
song- "Caught In A Mosh" Anthrax
brew- The nasty sh*t I called sack mead. :pottytrain4: Like Ben stated: out with the old, in with the new. Brew, that is. ;D (Note to self -remove that recipe!)

2008:
song- "Tommorow Belongs to Me" Saga (Skrewdriver)
brew- Well, hopefully I'll be so 'Sauterned On' that no matter what, I'll still make the best of it.

How's that?

:cheers:

DD

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns