View Full Version : DO you use Lemon in your drinks

01-25-2008, 05:28 PM

check this out

01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Eh, sounds a bit sensational to me. There are fecal bacteria living on everything.

IMO, we should all eat more "contaminated" food, so when we encounter a nasty e. coli salad we don't die. Eat dirt, it's good for you. :cheers:

01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
:laughing7: I heartily agree!
People get more seriously sick, mostly because they don't get to completely fight through much these days, since we're all so paranoid about it, and start cramming the pills at the first sign of illness. :sign13: Let your body do what it was designed to do, and unltimately, it will work much better. It really IS ok to take a sick day or two once in a while and just sleep it out (with many fluids, of course, and vodka {natural antiseptic...})! :drunken_smilie:

01-26-2008, 12:55 AM
I almost never take any "medicine" when im sick, just sleep more and drink lots of water/juice. George Carlin has a pretty funny bit about being exposed to germs in order to become stronger in the long run. I think its a great strategy as ive been "sick" less than three times in the last like 4-5 years.

01-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I've always gotta laugh at these things, I come into direct contact with FAR worse then any of these "horribly unsanitary" things every single day of my job. and I very rarely get sick. take a look at most people's backyard grill, or do a swab of their kitchen, generally home sanitary conditions are FAR less sanitary then even bad resturants.

keep in mind, how thorough are you sanitizing every spoon, pitcher, carboy, thermometer, and funnel before you even begin your homebrewing? do you do anything even close to that when you're just washing dishes? I've done food service and we've had to sanitize everything after we washed it. personally I think everyone's just a bit overly paranoid about food saftey, I suppose the health department kinda has to be to keep things from getting TOO bad...but still. people on an individual level need to lighten up a bit and stop getting all panicky at everything.