PDA

View Full Version : Erm, well, hello......

fatbloke
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Thought I'd find somewhere sensible to say Hi!

Been making mead for about 2 years now, and while most of it has proved drinkable, none of it is what I'd call spectacular/excellent.

I suppose I've basically been experimenting with yeasts and other ingredients, to try to find a recipe/yeast combo that vaguely resembles some of the half dozen or so commercial meads I've tried.

I didn't know that gotmead had forums. I post at a few others (winemaking ones that is).

S'pose that's about if for the moment, until I start blathering you lot with the million or so mundane questions I have.

regards

fatbloke

Jandra
02-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi there and welcome 8)

wolf_tracker
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
:wave:

welcome

go to the main page and under making mead
read read read ...

then ask questions

:cheers:
wolf

wayneb
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Welcome to "GotMead?" !!

You very likely can find the answers to any of your questions already covered somewhere here, but if after poking around the site a bit you still have something nagging at you that doesn't look like it's covered anywhere else, post a question or two. Somebody's always here to help, and this is the largest collection of meadmakers and mead lovers anywhere in the virtual world. I'm sure we'll be able to help you with just about anything related to mead or meadmaking!

Dan McFeeley
02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome FB!

The search function is great for general topics, as is browsing through the forums. For more specific questions on a mead in progress, be sure to post the recipe with full list of ingredients, yeast strain pitched, amount of nutrients, etc., so we can all get a good look and make suggestions.

Still more questions? Ask away!

Teufelhund
02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey FB,

OI! Welcome to GotMead?!

There's LOADS of recipes here and the worst part is trying to decide which ones to make first. This is a great forum and pleanty of good volks willing to help out with any questions. I would suggest that you do a search for the answer first as there are pages and pages of posts and most likely your question has been asked before.
Again, welcome and happy brewing!

:cheers:

DD

GrantLee63
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi There FatBloke!

All I can say there is that you found the place that will provide you with the knowledge to become a world-class mead maker. The quality of my meads have improved expoentionally since finding - and using - this site. The only problem is that, in my quest to find out everything I need to know in order to make fine meads, I've also discovered the joys of brewing all-grain beers - the problem part of that statement being that in the course of the past 2 + years I've been active on this site, I've gained about 35 pounds !!!!

Hey ..... I guess you're not the only FatBloke here !!! :toothy12:

Welcome !!! - GL63

ucflumberjack
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Hello! As youll soon find out mead and wine have some clear distinctions. Get to know the search function very well. Read through the brew log as much as you can stand. And..... ask questions!