PDA

View Full Version : Huh? Say What?

GrantLee63
02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
OK .... I know my hearing is not what it used to be - I grew up with Rock 'N Roll from the '60's and 70's and still to this day, love to listen to my music through my vintage gear at much higher volumes than I probably should. That and the fact that I've played guitar on and off cranking my Fender Blues Deluxe to much higher volume levels than I probably should (note a trend here?), has had a definite impact on my hearing.

Although far from scientific, I thought this 'test' interesting, and realized that maybe my hearing is not as bad as I originally thought.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

How bad - or good - is your hearing sensitivity - be honest now! Mine fell off after 16 kHz. Huh? Say What?

-GL63

Yo momma
02-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Well I grew up in the middle 80's with the screaming guitar and heavy metal cranked up to ungodly decibles >:D . I cannot hear it past 16 kHz either. Well my mom always said " your hurting your hearing listening to that ?*#$"! Well chalk another one of those things moms knows better. :laughing7:

beorn33
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I heard the 17... but lost it at 17.4
Though, I did play the rest on the list, and my dog just keep looking at me funny.
Guess he didn't like it too much.

wayneb
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, I just tried it using my el-cheapo headphones and dinosaur audio card in a somewhat noisy office environment, and I can hear up through 14KHz. Not bad for a 52 year old rocker! Still, I miss my original 19.5K (was tested at the age of 24 and easily heard up almost to 20K) ... at least I think I do. ::)