PDA

View Full Version : "hot" mead

fun4stuff
03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
when people on here say that there young mead tastes "hot", what does this mean exactly? A strong alcohol taste?

Yo momma
03-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes. It takes about 2 months to a year for the alchohol to blend with your mead. When they say it's hot, they mean that the alchohol is harsh at the end.

Kee
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread! The first batch (show) went so well and smelled so good that I started two mels right away (with fruit in primary). They're all now in secondaries and all under a month. I tested and tasted everything yesterday. While they all looked amazing, they all tasted exactly the same! At this point, it's kind of likeREALLY cheap vodka with food coloring in it. :angry3: I know it will mellow, but will the other fruit flavors resurface later on or should I put the mead fruit a second time?

wayneb
05-19-2008, 01:38 PM
It's hard to suggest any further course of action without having details of your complete recipe and process. If you provide us with those (check out some of the other recipes that have been provided for review to see the kind of information that we're looking for), then we can make some suggestions as to what to do next.

Kee
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Wayneb. I haven't had a chance to post the brewlogs yet. I'll try to get to them in the next day or so.