PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Oskaar
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
The best to all of you Got Meaders out there and to your family and friends!

We're doing the usual Easter family get together with a pig on the spit instead of a lamb this year. The usual free for all of family, friends and hangers on along with the villiage idiot (yours truly) will be swilling mead, wine beer (all home-meaded, made, brewed) and being generally obnoxious. So keep your pets and furbearing game mammals away from Fullerton or they may end up joining our pig on the BBQ.

Cheers to you all, be safe, be happy drink mead!

Oskar

wayneb
03-23-2008, 01:32 PM
And best wishes for you, too, Dude! I remember the lamb roasts I used to enjoy with my Croatian buddy where we grew up back in Ohio -- man, was that good!! I imagine the pig will be just as interesting; there's nothing like fresh meat, skewered and rotated slowly over a wood fire, to make me appreciate the carnivorous side of human nature. ;)

We did a traditional Polish Easter feast at our place yesterday, complete with decorated eggs, bialy barszcz wielkanocny (something I'm glad my grandmother taught me to prepare the "right" way), roast fresh ham, kielbasa, home-made pierogi prepared by my buddy, Tim, and all the trimmings (including some of my mead, Polish pilsners, and finishing with an aperitif of Jadwiga). We're introducing a little eastern European civilization to the western frontier!

butterlily5
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Happy Easter, everyone!!

I wish the best to all of you! :wave: :usa2:

papasmurf
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
happy eggs to all the meadheads and family members. :cheers:

GrantLee63
03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Happy Easter all you Crazy GotMeaders you !!! :tongue1:

Dan McFeeley
03-23-2008, 09:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mcfeeley/371053.jpg

An image of a beach, somewhere on the Inishowen peninsula in Ireland,
where my family line originated, snagged from the 'net and altered as an
Easter card for family and friends.

Happy Easter everyone!

gbobeck
03-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope you all have a great and happy Easter.

goodvibes
03-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Looks like I'm a little late(your time). Sun's still up in Hawaii though! Happy Easter everbody 8)