• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Saginaw, MI - Spring Beer (and mead, too) Tasting

Barrel Char Wood Products

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
Oppermann's Cork 'N Ale
Spring Beer Tasting
7PM-9PM

At the Trillium Banquet Hall on State Street in Saginaw.

Tickets $20 in advance or $25 at the door.

Price includes tasting and hors d'oeuvers

B. Nektar will be there serving a selection of meads.

http://www.cork-n-ale.com/

Location: The Trillium Banquet Hall - 6415 State St, Saginaw, MI

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Whoever is in the area should take the time to go to this event. This is the type of exposure that mead needs to become associated with a popular, socially acceptable, mainstream drink. So all you GM'ers that are close, get on out there and support your local meadery. It will pay dividends for all mead lovers in the long run.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
Why do places do this stuff during the week! :angryfire: I have to get up at 5 in the morning to go to work. Is there a reason for the middle of the week tasting or am I missing something? I would love to make it, lets see if maybe I can find someone to take and just go in tired the next day. :-\

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
This really sounds like it's going to be fun. I met the owner of the Cork N Ale at a mead tasting at Lumber Barron's (Bay City, MI) a couple months ago. Really cool guy and it sounds like he puts on a great tasting.

My drive is two hours as well, but I work from home, so... not so bad. :)

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Hey. Thanks for that post on cork and ale. I was looking for a homebrew shop near Saginaw to buy a five-gallon beer/brew kit for family there, so I emailed them. :)

Sadly I am entirely too far to make this tasting :(

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns