PDA

View Full Version : Wings vs. Penguins

Brad Dahlhofer
05-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, it's nice to be from Detroit for a change. Are you all enjoying watching the Wings spank the Penguins? Two more to go guys!
I'm sure this is going to start an argument. BRING IT!!

The Piston's aren't doing too bad either.

You all know what will happen if they both win, don't you? RIOTS! :) I love this city.

Ozzie Rules!

Brad

GrantLee63
05-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Me? I'm holding out for the Detroit Lions!!!!!

- GL63

skunkboy
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
The Lions?! :-\ Bring back Wayne Fontz and Berry Sanders!

Pewter_of_Deodar
05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Lions... Tigers... Wings... and Pistons...

Grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana where Detroit was the nearest big city with teams. Grandparents and and uncle/aunt/cousins lived in Royal Oak and I'd visit them for a week every summer. Remember attanding a game or three at the old Tiger's Stadium.

Yeh, it's a good year this year for two of the four...

Brad Dahlhofer
05-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana where Detroit was the nearest big city with teams. Grandparents and and uncle/aunt/cousins lived in Royal Oak and I'd visit them for a week every summer. Remember attanding a game or three at the old Tiger's Stadium.

Royal Oak is less than 2 miles away. We live in (and the meadery is also in) Ferndale, which is right next door to Royal Oak.

Pewter_of_Deodar
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Royal Oak is less than 2 miles away. We live in (and the meadery is also in) Ferndale, which is right next door to Royal Oak.

Well... if anyone still lived up there from our clan I'd use it as an excuse to come visit/taste/share stories and brews/etc. But alas...

Brad Dahlhofer
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
That last game was such a disappointment. I was all ready to crack open a nice bottle of sparkling dry buckwheat mead to celebrate and with only 30+ seconds left, the damn Penguins had to go an ruin everything. Oh well. It looks like I won't get to open that mead until tomorrow.

wayneb
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Or perhaps next year. :laughing7: (You gotta remember that I grew up just 50 mi from Pittsburgh....) :tongue1:

Brad Dahlhofer
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Or perhaps next year. :laughing7: (You gotta remember that I grew up just 50 mi from Pittsburgh....) :tongue1:

You've lived in so many places. How could ANYONE know where you're actually from? ;)

wayneb
06-04-2008, 12:29 AM

You've lived in so many places. How could ANYONE know where you're actually from? ;)

Good point. Actually, these days I'm an Avalanche fan, so I have another reason to diss the Red Wings! :laughing7:

Seriously for a moment... the Red Wings are amazing this year. Nobody was more surprised than me when I woke up this morning to hear that the Penguins held out for 3 overtimes, and ended up taking the game. I don't expect that to happen again....

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeh, it was an amazing game to watch...

You look at the shots on goal and wonder how it was even close...

I still have to complain about the two "goalie interference" calls, especially the second one where the skater ended up going behind the net from the side and the goalie still managed to take a fall. As the announcers both said after both calls, the league has to look at this rule before next season and do something because it is being incorrectly and inconsistently applied across the league.

Maybe tonight.... :cheers:

Brad Dahlhofer
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't expect that to happen again....

And it wont!

If we didn't score on ourselves, we would have had the game without a doubt. Stupid twist of fate. I really wanted them to win at home. :occasion18:

skunkboy
06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, hopefully they win today, and don't go for 7th game in the series! ???

beninak
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
LET'S GO PENS!!!

:cheers:

Yo momma
06-05-2008, 06:04 AM
We sent them packing!!!!!!! :pottytrain2: As if there was question if we were going to. I have been a Wings fan for 20 yrs. and we have dominated the sport for at least 17 of those. I do believe tha the Pens will be a force to reckon with next season though.

:cheers:

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Yay Wings!

Hmmmm... wonder if there's hope for the Tigers this summer? Or the Lions this fall? probably not...

Oh well... not too long and basketball season starts again! :tongue3:

Brad Dahlhofer
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
GO WINGS!!!

The Penguins put up a good fight. They are a great team, but in the end it just wasn't meant to be. Talk about a nail biter. I couldn't believe that last shot on goal with only about a second left. They're really good at taking advantage of openings in our defense.

It was also nice to see them lose a point when their goalie sat on the puck and pushed it in. Kind of like poetic justice for what happened to us on Monday.

WINGS RULE!!