PDA

View Full Version : need help quick

lastbornjoker
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
when do i add the lemon juice? http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=25&Itemid=6
its on the stove now lol

lastbornjoker
06-09-2008, 07:35 PM
its almost starting to boil.

Yo momma
06-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Well first ther is no need to boil but what is done cannot be undone. It wont hurt but there is no need for it. Add your lemon juice before you add your yeast. Check your PH if at all possible. If not no worries. Good luck and keep us posted. :icon_salut:

lastbornjoker
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
thanx yo mama. I know u dont have to boil and it actually may take some of the flavor away but this is my 3rd batch of mead and i wanted to follow the directions as best as i can because i really screwed up the first real bad lol. the second is jao i havnt tried yet. (not ready).

webmaster
06-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Welcome to my place, joker. Yo is right, we generally don't advocate boiling, but this recipe calls for it, so you're fine for following it. Later after you've made it, bring the recipe back and the gang can dissect it and give it a modern going over for technique and style.

Now, for your batch, add the lemon juice before the yeast pitch, that should be fine.

I would highly recommend trying a JAO, it really is the easiest way to make a decent mead. The hardest part is leaving it alone while it ferments! I'm doing a 6 gallon batch to take with me to SCA and renaissance faire events this summer...