PDA

View Full Version : brewlog???

bobsmashu
06-14-2008, 06:37 AM
So far i have not been keeping a brewlog :BangHead: i know i should but after work i barely have the motivation to make the stuff ;D ( i am a lazy SOB ) ;D, but oskaar :icon_salut: convinced me to start but idk what all i should have in it. so i was wondering if any one could outline what all i need? I don't want to forget something.

And just because i am kind of a suck-up

ALL :icon_salut: Vicky the meadwench ;D

sandman
06-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I just emailed you a copy of the brewlog template Wrathwilde developed. It's helped me out a lot in getting organized.

bobsmashu
06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
ty sandman

skunkboy
06-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Brewlog template? Currently I'm still happily scribbling notes into a set of lab notebooks...now if I could only read my own handwriting... :P

WRATHWILDE
06-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Brewlog as .jpg file, click here. (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/wrathwilde/Mead%20Labels/Brewlogsetcopya.jpg)

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Wolfie
06-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Man that thing is a keeper!

But as a basic ref. for what you should post here (if you so choose to leave your methods under public scrutiny! ::)) your brewlog posts should contain

the complete recipe
your OG, temp and pH are helpful if you can add them
your brewing methods (boil/no boil, treatment of fruit or other extras etc.)
your plans or lack thereof on how to run the fermentation (NAS? Cap Mgt.?)

After that I like to post when I made additions, later SG readings, bpm and any other observations I noticed on the days that I did anything to my brew. For the most part I keep my brewing notes here on the forum and do not have a personal log (except my growing recipe book ;)). I find it to be very helpful to be able to lok back at a brew to see what might have happened or to look back at past prews in order to help me formulate recipes and get a general idea of the average run of a fermentation.

but you knew all'a that.

happy brewing!

WRATHWILDE
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM
It took me many painstaking hours to create that layout in photoshop. Use it wisely!

Cheers,
Wrathwilde