• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

In 2009 the 31st Annual AHA National Homebrewers Conference

Barrel Char Wood Products

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
31st Annual American Homebrewers Association National Homebrewers Conference:

Sippin' on the dock of the bay
June 18-20, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area

Hey Gotmeaders, I have to throw the gauntlet down and ask who will pick it up.

Reason I say this is at the NHC we had an impromptu mead tasting started by myself and the homebrew club night coordinator for this years NHC. It took a VERY interesting turn when a fellow member of her club brought out about 12 bottles of over 10 year old mead made by Ken Schramm's mentor. Apparently the bottles were found in the basement and the son wanted the bottles to put beer in and was about to toss out the mead. So the bottles were saved and I have to say they were liquid gold.

At the start of the mead tasting, we had about 15 people, once the word got out we had over 30 folks standing around sampling meads. Jennifer and I started talking that at the next AHA NHC we should try to have a coordinated mead tasting for folks to get info, etc about their meads.

So the challenge to you all is to get your self to San Fran in June next year and bring some mead to share. You have a year to make something if you don't have anything in the works.

The more folks we get into mead the better it will be for our craft.

So, who will pick up the gauntlet??

Summersolstice

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 14, 2005
Central Nebraska, USA
I hope to God we don't lose the Meadfest and, as always, that'll be my only mead related annual pilgrimage. But if we do we'll need something else, won't we?

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
wayneb said:
I don't think that the Meadfest is going away... not if Pete has anything to say about it, anyway.

I agree with that!!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Ya got that right Ybodie! LOL Especially since we'll have so many boozy brewers in the Bay Area we'll try to capitalize on that and get a few of them to hang around and show them what a real drink is! LOL Kidding of course, but there are a lot of brewers who make mead that are getting more and more interested.

Cheers,

Pete

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns