PDA

View Full Version : Labels

veritas
07-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on a good free program or process to make labels I used the search and came up with some info but wasn't able to really find any solid answers. I appreciate any information on the subject!

homercles
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
I know, two months after the fact, but...

Some general, free graphics programs I use and like are the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), Inkscape and Blender. Can't think of any programs that specifically make labels though.

Hope it helps,

Jay

1BraddogsBBQ
09-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I've been working on some labels for quite some time too. Thanks for the info!

homercles
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Quite welcome. I know there's a Windows version of GIMP and (I believe) Blender. Not sure about Inkscape though (I use Debian Linux for most things).

Brad Dahlhofer
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
The best Photoshop-like program out there that I've found is called Paint.Net. You can get it here: http://www.getpaint.net/

It is not quote a professional level tool, but it'll get the job done. Besides, most people that have the pro tools don't really use them like pros anyway.

If you're really looking to drop some cash, my wife uses Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for all our labels at the meadery. They'll set you back some cash though. Better to just use Paint.Net.