PDA

View Full Version : Fun mead story

Thirsty in NY
07-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Last week as I was driving down the highway on my way to our vacation, I noticed a car slowly pass me on the left. The back had a bunch of bumper stickers and I took a moment to see if any of them were interesting or funny. I don't remember what they said exactly, but they were in support of various liberal causes which made me happy. Then I saw the best sticker of all. It said "Got Mead?" and I thought to myself, "As a matter of fact, I do!!! A gallon of JAO right in the back of the minivan which will hopefully last me the entire week!"

I tried to think of a safe way to communicate this to the young woman driving, but at 70 mph, it seemed better to skip it and tell the story here.

wayneb
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
VERY COOL! Now, fellow Gotmeaders, who's going to own up to being the driver of that be-stickered car??? ;D

(Thirsty, where and when exactly did you see this?)

Thirsty in NY
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I was wondering if it was someone here!

It was Saturday the 19th on the NY State thruway heading west, around 1-2 in the afternoon I think.

UDV
07-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Not me, although I do live in NYC and the car does have a gotmead sticker on it.

Not many meadery people in NYC barring the meadery in Long Island and the few by Albany.