PDA

View Full Version : BJCP Mead Exam

yabodie
09-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Here is something I think would benefit everyone here. Just to see what is going on and, if you are up to it, study up and take the exam...

http://www.bjcp.org/mead.php?PHPSESSID=e2e043dbfc3c1cb6b8914559e3fdd23 f

wayneb
09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Ahh! It's for real now. They were developing this for some time, and while there was lots of discussion related to it at the IMF-HMMC in February, it kind of disappeared for a while after that.

yabodie
09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I think Oskaar played a big role in this. His oak in mead article is one of the resources. I am surprised that there are not regional descriptions of the varietal honey, ie subtle differences in east/west OB, Buckwheat, etc.

Regardless I am still stoked to see this happen and now to push my local brew club to set up some training for the exam after our October mead education meeting for the club.

Hmmm, I might have to have mead tonight.

PROST!!

Oskaar
09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Yup, we had a "test" test not too long ago so there are some preliminary study guides up on the BJCP home page. This is a good step forward, and a good way to help point people who will be judging mead in the right direction. It's not an end all, but at the same time a good first food forward. There are a couple of my articles there in the study guide and Ken's collaboration with Dan McConnell as well.

Cheers,

Oskaar