View Full Version : Some sad news of not to California mead makers. I pray that its untrue

Scott Horner
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I was just turning on a new friend to the wonderful world of mead when he asked me the age old question. "Where do you get your honey from?" I answer without a blink of an eye Miller's Honey in Colton California. Well I wanted to give him the web address www.millershoney.com, thats when a tears filled my eye, the website had one of those "parking" pages on it. In a panic I called the number I have for Millers and it was disconnected! :sad5: Can this be true? Did we loose our bastion of good quality / high volume / decent prices? Oscaar someone anyone tell me I'm wrong and they have just moved or something... I need my honey fix!

09-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Scott, I saw your posting and found it hard to believe that they could just disappear after being in the business for over 100years, so I called too, and I had the same experience as you. If they're really gone this isn't just a sad note for California meadmakers, but for all of us west of the Mississippi, since Miller's shipping costs were more reasonable than most other honey suppliers serving the west.

If they're really gone, Bummer!

09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Are you guys kiddin me, I think sometimes that I keep them in business by myself! LOL

No, they're not out of business, they're not going anywhere, and their site is undergoing an upgrade and transformation from what I understand. Take a deep breath and have glass of mead! Can't tell you what the deal was with the phone, I called my "private line" and Carol picked up right away and said the words I love to hear "Miller's Honey, how can I help you?"

09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for allaying my fears, man! That was scary, when I dialed the number I have for them and got that three tone sound followed by the words, "The number you have dialed is no longer in service..."

Scott Horner
09-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Thank the mead gods!

All is right in my universe :toothy10:. Care to share the bat phone number I need to pick up some honey and want to see what they have available.