PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

dogglebe
11-07-2008, 08:02 PM
The other day, I brought two 3 gallons corny kegs to my roof to chill. It's easier to carbonate when the liquid is cold.

One had a strong dark begian beer (homebrew) and the other had a cherry-cinnamon mead in it. When I went back to get them, they were gone. It turns out the landlord found them and removed them, not knowing what they were.

I found the landlord today and got the kegs back....and they WERE EMPTY!! :crybaby2: He wanted to be sure they weren't filled with acid, or cyanide gas, or something, so he poured them down the drain.

Anyway, I got the kegs back (which are about $70 apiece), but the mead is gone. The lost beer doesn't bother me much, but the mead was about a year old. I was going to bottle it this weekend.

shit......

Phil

vahan
11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, that's not right!

Tell you landlord the next time he thinks you have a large vat of deadly acid, that he should drink some (with a sanitary vessel) and if he likes it, it's mead, and if he dies then it was acid!

I would at least demand a month free rent.

Medsen Fey
11-07-2008, 09:18 PM
so he poured them down the drain.

yeah..right... poured it down his own gullet is my bet. :drunken_smilie: You have cellar rats in your neighborhood with some audacity!

Bryon
11-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Right. I think your Landlord is a Moron. What would he have done if they were filled with some hazardous substance? Probibly drop dead while he was trying to dump the stuff down the drain and then kill off half the people on the block at the same time. Nice. he sounds like the kinda person who check for gas leaks with a lit match. You watch that guy from a safe distance from now on. You wait. Sooner or later he'll do something and earn himself a Darwin Award.

You'd think if he was aware enough to notice them in the first place, and paranoid enough to think they were cyanide gas, or something, he's call the fire departments Haz Mat and let them deal with it.

My guess is he's smarter than he looks (Almost has to be.) and was just trying to steal your kegs.

Maybe you should ask him to pay you to replace the cost of your investment and point out (In a nicer way than I just did.) that doing what he did could have gotten him and everyone else killed if it things had turned out to be bad. His lack of good judment could have cost him and his family alot more than just for cost of your mead and beer so he should consider himself lucky to get off so cheap.

20 years of OSHA Safty trainning for work in indutrial micro chip plants hasn't left me with out some sence of how to handle hazadous meterial. Leave it alone and let the people trained to deal.

dogglebe
11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I spoke with a tenants' rights representative. She told me that the landlord had the right to toss it. He didn't even have to give me the kegs back.

Phil

Odinsson
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Yikes, I don't have any equipment that costs that much but I get the amount of money that goes into the buckets and carboys. I just moved into an apartment complex where I will be skirting the rules when I brew. I haven't made friends with any of my neighbors yet but I don't think I will be leaving anything out in the weather. Good heads up though.

fatbloke
11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
I spoke with a tenants' rights representative. She told me that the landlord had the right to toss it. He didn't even have to give me the kegs back.
Phil
Here in the UK, we have the offence of "Stealing by finding" i.e. if you find something, you're supposed to hand it into the police for lost property.

Even if it's thrown away, it'd still be theft.

Maybe you have that where you are and could go for a prosecution ?? As you know who "took" it - irrespective of what he did with it!

Just a thought.

regards

fatbloke