PDA

View Full Version : Patron Chat!!

webmaster
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi gang,

OK, the chat rooms are *open*!! For you patrons/premium patrons/lifetime patrons, we now have chat rooms integrated here on the site.

You can access them via the left menu <==, or on your Quicklinks under flashchat.

If you have problems, we need EXACT information, and what browser and revision of that browser you're using along with java settings, firewall,
pop up blockers, spyware removers, etc. General 'it doesn't work for me' posts and emails will not be handled. Give me full data for troubleshooting, please.

Have at and have fun!!

Vicky

Yo momma
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM
It won't let me log in? I also know you want the computer knowledge area explained but I am not the brains in this family

webmaster-patron
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
OK, I see what you mean. Working on it....

Oskaar
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Dude,

We need more than that. See Vicky's message for the particulars. We don't expect Hexadecimal level information, but we do need browser, antivirus, and java setting information at minimum. Without this we're going to be chasing the proverbial needle in the haystack and we don't have that type of support model in place. We're doing this on spare and borrowed time so it is incumbent on our Patrons to find this information or learn how to find the information so we can help you resolve the issue.

thanks,

PMB

webmaster
11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Nope, I got it. I logged in as a patron, and got the same message.

It should work now, needed to update a file.

wildaho
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I was able to get in with no problems.

System:

Browser: Firefox 3.03
Firewall: ZoneAlarm Free 7.0483
Java: Java 1.6.0
Anti-Virus: Avast Antivirus 4.8
Pop-up blocker: Built in Firefox
Anti-Spy: Handled by Avast
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3

I know you don't necessarily need to know what works but is this the level of info that you are looking for?

Oskaar
11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I was able to get in with no problems.

System:

Browser: Firefox 3.03
Firewall: ZoneAlarm Free 7.0483
Java: Java 1.6.0
Anti-Virus: Avast Antivirus 4.8
Pop-up blocker: Built in Firefox
Anti-Spy: Handled by Avast
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3
I know you don't necessarily need to know what works but is this the level of info that you are looking for?

This is a great example of the type of information we need. Very easy to find and forward to us.

Thanks dude,

PMB

webmaster
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Yep, that level will do. 90% of the tech support requests I get are 'its broke and I can't make it work, help me!!!!', which doesn't really address the situation, and generally makes me want to respond with a smart-alec remark....LOL.

wildaho
11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Okay, I tired it again and now it says I am banned? I didn't have any problems earlier...

webmaster
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Dunno Wildaho. I logged in as my patron account, was able to get right in, and then went and read some posts, then tried again, it was ok. Tried logging out and back in, still ok.

Try clearing cookies.....

Leonora
11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
We have had some really fun scheduled chats at the old site!

Looking forward to some more!

Leonora

Oskaar
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
We will have more that's for sure. This is a more robust environment than we had before so our chat function is totally integrated with the forum software and ready to really serve us well.

Cheers,

PMB

skunkboy
11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Seems to okay for :

MacOS : 10.4.11
Firefox : 2.0.0.17
Flash : 10

wildaho
11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Vicky,
I've cleared both my cache AND my cookies and it still says I am banned.:confused:

webmaster
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
OK, I checked your user profile, and it showed you as registered, and secondary a patron. I changed it to show you primary a patron. Try that, and see if you get in.....

Leonora
11-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Just had a nice chat with Medsen and Oskaar. It's a really good chat room.

Except it kept gagging over any word that started with b and ended with h - like British or both and kept censoring it to: b***h. Very funny. And didn't seem to mind some of the other more, um, colorful terms.

Leonora

webmaster
11-12-2008, 12:27 AM
LOL...funny, considering I haven't loaded any stop words.....I'll have to check the settings.

Glad you're liking it....don't pay any attention to the subliminal words......::BUY MEAD::

wayneb
11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey, Vicky -- I just logged into chat with no apparent problems, although there was a particular issue that I already identified to Pete. If you're still online, can I try an actual chat with you? I'll open a window with the chat app running now...

Wayne

Never mind -- I just exchanged messages with JamesP in the Hive chatroom. All is OK!!

wildaho
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey! I am no longer banned! Thank you Vicky!

webmaster
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Sorry hon, we had a coding error. Too much code, and my fingers worn out from typing on this thing, LOL.....

wildaho
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I understand entirely. I'm in the process of building a Joomla website for the Folklore Society here and it's amazing how easy it is to get lost in the minutiae. "I need to do this. Oh! I better do this first. Damn, now what was I doing? Well, I better do this now too." etc., etc., etc.!

Thanks again to you and Pete for all the hard work. I even like the color!

UDV
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Someone else login. :P