PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Deek
12-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Just saying hi for now.

I've been home brewing my own beer for quite a few years now and got the urge to try my hand at mead.

I'll mainly be reading through the forums doing my homework for the next couple weeks.

About me:

I am a technology junkie, brew loving, gun owning, rock and roll listening, minding my own business stubborn SOB.

Glad to meet y'all. :cool:

wildaho
12-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the Mean Green (but friendly!) GotMead? Machine Deek!

And hi! back.

Your are on the right track reading the forums. There are a lot of answers there if you are willing to look. But don't be afraid to ask if you don't find your answer immediately (but please look first).

I came from the beer world too. I think you'll find that the Mead world is easier. Just be prepared to drop your pre-conceptions on fermentation to make your meads work. Actually, if you apply the same fermentation management techniques you learn here, your beers will come out better too. Especially the big ones.

I'm a tech geek too. Need a website designed?

Teufelhund
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Deek!

Welcome to gotMead?!

You came to the right place to meet the nicest, most willing to help folks around!

:occasion14:

DD

GrantLee63
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome Aboard Deek!

This is a very cool place with many people who have TONS of knowledge about mead, wine, and beer making (among other things!) Plus, these folks are more than willing to share their knowledge. You've found a great site!

- GL63